Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dead Orchard

Array

School
    Ronin

Dead Orchard

It has been promised and promised - Nathan has proved it is one of the scariest moves in NoGi grappling… yet, still no detailed instruction. Come on Nathan, help us up and comers out

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    I'll refrain from offering any instruction, considering the fact, I'm only a white belt. But, I can say, it's definitely one of my favorite rubber guard techniques. It's so simple and really catches people by surprise. It's one of the first basic rubber guard techniques I was taught and it is still top of the list. As far as the technique goes, I feel like everyone adds their own little touch to it, but I'll leave it up to the man himself to provide the detailed instruction.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    watch muddy waters in MTS. Almost same thing just triangle your legs instead of double baggin'

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Barncat is really, really good at this, too. He has tapped some super legit guys with it.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Ronin & Project: Cauliflower Ear
    It is awesome, except when you have short stocky tree trunks like mine and the only possible person to lock it up on is maybe someone in junior high. If I could ever get someone locked up in it, I think death would be involved.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by tobyshell View Post
    It is awesome, except when you have short stocky tree trunks like mine and the only possible person to lock it up on is maybe someone in junior high. If I could ever get someone locked up in it, I think death would be involved.
    Try the feet crossed version with no triangle in my video. I don't latch the full triangle on super big guys anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Barncat is really, really good at this, too. He has tapped some super legit guys with it.
    Thanks Brandon!!! Nathan and I have a fairly deferent game from about the same spot. I have an online instructional outlining what I basically do there out.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Also of note, this video is one of the earliest versions of all these moves available and was, I THINK, my first exposer to this type of game. Which I have been playing for probably 5 years or so and has changed allot over that time. I thought it was Denny I saw this from first, but I think it was actually this video with Sean I think! Sorry for forgetting for a second Sean, thanks for your many contributions to 10th Planet!!! (P.S. this remains a very good set up for this or for muddy waters and combines great with the meat bag threat as well if he's moving his elbow out more instead).

Enjoy one of the most under rated rubber guard vids on the net

Array

School
    Gracie Humaita/Ronin
    Brian that is beyond ridiculously awesome! Thanks

Array

School
    Ronin & Project: Cauliflower Ear
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Debes View Post
    Try the feet crossed version with no triangle in my video. I don't latch the full triangle on super big guys anyway.
    Thanks Barncat. I'll give it a shot.

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Good catch on seans video brian! Should we rename the position the dead sean? Sean Orchard? Sean if the dead Orchard?

Just some suggestions! Lol

Thats funny b/c i remember watching that video a long time ago as well. Crazy how things keep on evolving.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast