Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec

Mastering the rubber Guard DVD Questions

I'm watching a lot of the dvd recently and I noticed a few things. I'm wondering if there are modifications to what the dvd shows compared to now. For example, I was watching eddie show the invincible collar but he didn't use the double bagger. Is it wrong not to use it? Is it a must now? Or does it depend on your flexibility.

Also the crocadiles. Do 10p still use them (corcodile, invinsibble croc, east coast croc)? I'm really looking to have a base in the RG, its still bad but getting better, depending on the day it seems lol, at least my knowledge is.

If there were any other changes let me know. Omoplatas are hard on my knees from RG so I'm looking for basics.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    MTRG was made before the Double Bagger was really a big part of the general system.

Absolutely nothing wrong with getting to Invisible Collar (or wherever else you wanna go within the Rubber Guard) without Double Bagger, but just know you are giving your opponent a window to leave without the Double Bag.

As far as the Croc goes, still a very high percentage move. My recommendation is that you get yourself into the Muddy Waters or Brackish Waters position and have your body get familiar with it. Once that's the case, you are gonna find that it is much, much easier to get there naturally during your drilling and rolling.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    And if you're having knee issues with omoplatas, Rubber Guard is gonna give you problems for sure.

My guess is that your hip angle is way off or that you're yanking on the end of your foot. An omoplata shouldn't be giving you flexibility issues.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    hmmm so I should focus on muddy waters first than go back to MTRG chil dog and invinsible couour stuff For example:
    Hand CLEARED on the Mat (14 subs)
    52:00 17: New York to chill dog (a move)
    52:36 18: East coast croc
    54:42 19: Rescue dog
    57:06 20: Invisible collar
    1:00:09 21: Invisible collar variation
    01:01:52 22: Invisible croc (not crackhead croc which doesnt exist)
    01:04:00 23: Invisible gator
    24: Go go plata
    01:06:39 25: Loco plata
    26: Swim move
    01:10:20 27: Chill dog to jiu claw
    28: Kung fu move
    29: Crowbar
    01:13:48 30: Mad dog
    01:14:40 31: The carni (chil D to Kung f to carni)
    01:16:46 32: Glenn earns his purple belt
    33: Temple of Mir: Ride that wave
    34: Exchanging techniques with Aoki
    35: Nibiru warriors pt 3
    36: Rolling stoned take #4
    RUBBER GUARD:
    01:43:43 37: The jiu claw
    38: Omoplata
    39: The D.A.
    40: The snitch
    41: The Un-winder
    01:55:45 42: Punking my students
    02:03:08 43: Jiu claw to triangle
    44: Inverted arm bar
    45: The drowning jiu
    46: FM ankle lock

By the way Im getting fimiliar with maybe 4 of thse techniques. That and when the hand isn't cleared on the mat:
    Example:
    Hand NOT CLEARED on the Mat (4 tech)
    34:30 11: The Pump (“The most powerful option”)
    12: Nibiru Warriors Pt 2
    40:54 13: The duda
    42:23 14: The crocodile (arm bar from a pyramidish thing)
    44:54 15: Meat hook to triangle

Not counting duda since its illegal for intermediates.

My competition is tomorrow for Submission Fight League (SFL) in Quebec so, I'll look into MTS and add it on my desktop like I did for MTRG. Man there's a lot of RG stuff, makes u want to give it up sometimes just like lockdown stuff.
    Here's my competition from September at SFL, my RG is much better now by the way but still shitty.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    MTRG was made before the Double Bagger was really a big part of the general system.

Absolutely nothing wrong with getting to Invisible Collar (or wherever else you wanna go within the Rubber Guard) without Double Bagger, but just know you are giving your opponent a window to leave without the Double Bag.

As far as the Croc goes, still a very high percentage move. My recommendation is that you get yourself into the Muddy Waters or Brackish Waters position and have your body get familiar with it. Once that's the case, you are gonna find that it is much, much easier to get there naturally during your drilling and rolling.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    k, that's nice to know. I'll give it another shot one day.

I hope I show better technique next time. I looked pretty shitty in those vids, I made some big mistakes.
    And if you're having knee issues with omoplatas, Rubber Guard is gonna give you problems for sure.

My guess is that your hip angle is way off or that you're yanking on the end of your foot. An omoplata shouldn't be giving you flexibility issues.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Sarasin View Post
    hmmm so I should focus on muddy waters first than go back to MTRG chill dog and invisible collar stuff
    No, I'm saying that if you want to really get a good feel for the croc and the other far side armbar options, getting into that Muddy Waters position is a great way to get a feel for the position.

You are still gonna need to master the options built around the basic path.
    - Amir Allam

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte

Lol................

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    If you guys wanted to know how my competition went today. I ended up wining one match and tieing the next. My oppenent was slipping out of my rubber guard (as usual) so I was like screw it, i cant lose to a skinnier and less experienced 18 yr old... and ended up submitting him via ryangle from closed guard...I was disappointed but since we can submit the guy 3 times in 6 mins why not, I'll have a second chance, but never got the opportunity...

I guess I just need to find a way to actually drill it instead of trying to pull it off when rolling. Thx for the advice again Brandon, its much appreciated.

P.S. my second sub was by armbar from the spider web, the slide :P . At least I got one 10p sub.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonky View Post
    "As far as the Croc goes, still a very high percentage move. My recommendation is that you get yourself into the Muddy Waters or Brackish Waters position and have your body get familiar with it. Once that's the case, you are gonna find that it is much, much easier to get there naturally during your drilling and rolling."

Lol................
    Please, continue.
    - Amir Allam

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    yeah i dont get it... O.o
    Please, continue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast