Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zombie problems

Array

School
    10th Planet London / Nottingham
    Not sure if I'm imagining right, but I think they would most probably posture up when they feel you bail on the rubber guard. Perhaps the more experienced guys could give better insight on the matter

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    man, i wish u made a video
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    personally I dont zombie much and aim for flying zombies or flying chilldogs or flying kung fu move. for flying moves, I've got a few things I do,

1. if they just dig their hands in and sit there, then i reach my hands from the outside going in around the back of their elbows, grab on and pull out, this collapses their base and you can go right into some great positions.

2. is a 2 on 1 arm throw/drag. This is for where you cant get anywhere with them, they just want to hole up and wait. grab a 2 on 1. Throw them almost vertically up but at a slight angle, (I prefer to my head, but could be away from you too I think) let go of the 2 on 1 with your opposing arm to one you grab. and get a free new york. The opponent, generally focuses on the arm you grabbed and forgets about the other.

3. the basic climb up them and fall down grabbing their arm on the way down.

If you already have Mission control and cant zombie, then remembering the moves that dont need zombie are great. for instance. meat hook is probably the best; the mission pump is there as well.

Finally, dont get stuck in your ways. just because RG is amazing doesn't mean that you shouldn't change up your moves. sometimes I give up half guard and play lockdown, change to butterfly guard. start throwing up some guillotines or try and get a hip bump sweep or something. even better is when you switch to something and then switch back to RG, keep them guessing.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Sarasin View Post
    man, i wish u made a video
    On what part? I could probably send you one through facebook or soemthing just to make it easier to explain. Over the next few months, I'm going to be working with my friend sean, and help him with his super breakdowns of positions if thats any help.

Array

School
    Indianapolis, IN
    I like to use a reverse kimura grip on my opponent to force their hand to the mat. there is a submission there but they will normally prevent it by going to the mat which will give you new york. Eddie has a brief clip on one of the MTS episodes. Also, Derrick Stuart showed us at the Springfield Training camp a while back what he likes to do, and that is go ahead and clear the neck from crackhead and when you do that'll give you a lot of leverage and a good angle to force a zombie to new york. i use it quite a bit and it's very effective. hope this helps.

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    Mission pump.

Or go the Muddy Waters path.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    all 3, sorry I"m a dummy ..
    On what part? I could probably send you one through facebook or soemthing just to make it easier to explain. Over the next few months, I'm going to be working with my friend sean, and help him with his super breakdowns of positions if thats any help.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    so thats what its called, someone in our gym showed me that, I never seen it before, like in EDDies dvd or MTS so far. im refering to the mission pump by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Ehrnreiter View Post
    Mission pump.

Or go the Muddy Waters path.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    can't find u on facebook, but whatever u want man, if u dont have the time i understand. RG stuff is really hard for me to pull off. I feel like a real white belt again.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Invisible Crackhead, flying NY's, flying Kung fu's, full guard hip bump attempts to chill dog
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12