Thread: Naga question

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin

Naga question

For those who have competed in expert division for no Gi does that mean i have to run at at least purple belt in the Gi division? In the registration forms says all blue belts must compete in intermediate. How have some of you other blue belts signed up?

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    Glasgow moon head is a blue belt but took the expert belt at NAGA UK. He was offered the intermediate division aswell but turned it down

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks San Diego
    I received my blue belt in the gi in about 9 mths from my first school. I just started training 10th Planet 2 mths ago and now have about a year and a half total time in bjj. I competed for first time no gi at NAGA couple of weeks ago and went intermediate. Lost by 2 pts, but was definitely not overwhelmed and was wishing the rounds were longer hahaha. If I remember right, NAGA says intermediate is 2-5 yrs of experience, which is a huge range. Great experience and can't wait for next competition. Hoping for Gracie Nationals next.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Yes, if you do nogi at expert, NAGA makes you compete at at least purple in the gi no matter what belt you are. They will kick it out at registration otherwise. It's happened before.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    Awesome thanks Barn Cat just wanted to make sure i filled out everything right.