Array

School
    10th Planet London / Nottingham

Hindu Contol question

Been working on Hindu control recently, for some reason I'm getting it the most right before they pass into side control. On the bigger/stronger guys I can't get the hindulotine because they pull down on the choking hand, due to that I end up giving up on the choke (when I don't really want to) and then start trying to escape side control. So my question is, what other options do I have from there, when I've got Hindu control, but they've already in set the leg that's on the hip?

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    You're in half guard with hindu control or they've passed into side control?
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I've just started going back to the Hindu Control. Keep losing control of my meathook from New Jersey so I've been going to Hindu to save my butt.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    I've just started going back to the Hindu Control. Keep losing control of my meathook from New Jersey so I've been going to Hindu to save my butt.
    Nice. That exact problem is what led me to hindu. I played a lot of meathook. It used to be my main game in rubber guard. It's solid, but against high level guys that are hip to the game, two problems kept coming up. One was very aggressive wrestler/mma types could often drive through it, cause me to bail and they would secure the pass. Two, even if I had good control and started to force the triangle, it's easy for the opponent to bail by turning and pulling their head out, forcing you to go omoplata. I don't like going omoplata, it's low percentage for me and I want to finish them in my guard.

Both those problems led to gunshow or "germinator" and hindu control. Both of these positions use your arm to lock the opponents head in place and not allow them to turn out when you get close to a sub and also provides better control to keep them from pressure passing through.

Array

School
    Meant to say "past the leg on the hip" so they've passed into side control, but I still have Hindu control secured in

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Meant to say "past the leg on the hip" so they've passed into side control, but I still have Hindu control secured in
    ah ok. I've only been taken here a few times. I personally still feel comfortable holding it. As long as you still have it, you should be able to hip out on your right hip and re-insert your right leg or kick their knee out to drop their base. You can also look at taking the back or going inverted and throwing your hindu leg over their head for an armbar attempt.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eddy View Post
    ah ok. I've only been taken here a few times. I personally still feel comfortable holding it. As long as you still have it, you should be able to hip out on your right hip and re-insert your right leg or kick their knee out to drop their base. You can also look at taking the back or going inverted and throwing your hindu leg over their head for an armbar attempt.
    Never even thought about going inverted for an armbar, Ben Eddy, you're the man! Definitely gunna try your suggestions