Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Lookin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiseop View Post
    As if education would work. Remember, he can't combine Rice and Beans because of chemicals and acids... (nor does yogurt combine with strawberries or blueberries... Or if you eat an apple you can't eat anything else for 3 hours...)
    You became interested in the 10P system through education, right? That's how I came to know and praise it, and I haven't started rolling 10P yet. Education minimizes ignorance.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    No. Not talkng about us, regular sane, rational people. Yes, education works for us. LOL I was trying to be funny by saying that education would probably not help Royce, and tried to use the example of the "Gracie Diet" and it's rules of not mixing certain fruits and other foods based on some perceived "acidity" that's been debunked by doctors and nutrition experts but still finds its way in the Gracie system....

Quote Originally Posted by Aiseop View Post
    As if education would work. Remember, he can't combine Rice and Beans because of chemicals and acids... (nor does yogurt combine with strawberries or blueberries... Or if you eat an apple you can't eat anything else for 3 hours...)
    Haha did he really say that? People combine rice and beans BECAUSE of the Amino Acids. They combine to form complete proteins, and you end up getting more protein out of the beans than you would have if you ate them alone.

He COULD be talking about the "anti-nutrients" found in grains and legumes. They are a natural defense mechanism to deter animal predators. Thats why Animals don't eat things like rice and beans in the wild, and why they can't be eaten raw. This is what "Paleo" diet people are trying to avoid, as they cause inflammation in humans. (I.E. why beans are known for giving you gas)

Although I have a feeling I should not try too hard to decipher this guy.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    The part I thought was funny was where he said:

“I’m pretty much done fighting. With Eddie Bravo, it’s personal. … (Does Metamoris) allow punches to the face? Do this rubber guard stuff and I’ll punch you in the nose.”

So Royce is threatening to punch Eddie if he plays a guard that was developed to neutralize punches.

Mhmmm.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorWolf View Post
    Haha did he really say that? People combine rice and beans BECAUSE of the Amino Acids. They combine to form complete proteins, and you end up getting more protein out of the beans than you would have if you ate them alone.

He COULD be talking about the "anti-nutrients" found in grains and legumes. They are a natural defense mechanism to deter animal predators. Thats why Animals don't eat things like rice and beans in the wild, and why they can't be eaten raw. This is what "Paleo" diet people are trying to avoid, as they cause inflammation in humans. (I.E. why beans are known for giving you gas)

Although I have a feeling I should not try too hard to decipher this guy.
    I wish it was that deep, but really the Gracie Diet, developed by his uncle and followed to heart by a lot of the cousins and sons, etc, is really this thing based on the a debunked theory of digestion and energy. There's charts that show you you can't mix certain foods with other foods and that some foods (like apples) should be eaten by themselves and wait until you've digested it... Rorion is on the book tour for it.

Royce is the crazy drunk uncle at this point. As a non 10th Planet member, most of us think he's crazy. I think we all can respect Royce for what he did by butting BJJ on the map, and without him a lot this probably wouldn't be possible. At the same time, this is getting ridiculous.

I don't even think it's all Royce's fault. He's been hit in the head a lot, he's getting older, he still had his pride and ego, and MMA outlets and media are giving him aplatform to say this stuff.

I guess it's technically news-worthy but is it really? If you go ask Royce about almost anything besides the early UFCs he's probably going to say something negative. I'd say move along. It's just more of the same crazy Royce talk.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin
    I just find it funny Royce is always talking down on Eddie and 10P for "drug use" yet he has been popped for steroids before. He just doesnt like 10P or Eddie and is looking for an excuse not to like us. Im sure if Eddie didnt smoke or mention anything bout THC, Royce would talk smack about his tattoos or something else of his life style. Its like trying to educate a wall. No matter how much time you put into it the wall is never gonna understand
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Array

School
    EMU Judo, Final Round
    Quote Originally Posted by Trez "Rat" Reyna View Post
    I just find it funny Royce is always talking down on Eddie and 10P for "drug use" yet he has been popped for steroids before.
    To fight Sakuraba... I remember that. Terrible.

Array

School
    A.C.C Jiu-Jitsu
    I'm not saying anything but some one remember what happened when Royce challenged Wallid Ismail ? (Ps he was chocked till pass out) , and when he challenged Yoshida ? let me tell you , he was choked again, in the revenge he got a draw, when he challenged Sakuraba... all right you all know. So based on the past experiences, i don't think its a good idea challenge Eddie... let's be honest he dont even know what is Rubber Guard, he dont know it get almost impossible to punch when you are inside it

Array

School
    Frostbite Vale-Tudo
    Quote Originally Posted by JHouse View Post
    You became interested in the 10P system through education, right? That's how I came to know and praise it, and I haven't started rolling 10P yet. Education minimizes ignorance.
    How I became interested in 10p:

I asked my friend, "Have you ever seen jiu jitsu.... on weeeeeeed?"

And he was like "yeah, it looks like this"

And I was like "oh shhhhhh......"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast