Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    Criqui BJJ

Half guard sitting pass counter?

I have a brown belt at my BJJ school that always reverse sits to pass when I have him in half guard and smoothly crushes through me. What is a good defense for this or counter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DpTuRXCTV0

Thank for your time and help,

Morgan

Array

School
    asylum/MFS 10th planet Chicago
    I guess what type of half guard are you playing around with when this happens ? this would be a better way to start the trouble shooting for you . Are you trying to get lock down or any type of deep half stuff. more info the better . keep on rolling

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    That's my favorite way to kill someone's half guard game, it's difficult to deal with, the key is to not let him turn and settle in. A guard will prevent the turn, the combo of a good lockdown and te threat of the appollo helps a lot as well.
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    No doubt getting crushed under the reverse sit sucks balls! The GGBJJ Youtube channel also has a video about preventing the reverse sit & covers 1 sweep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_hmWnJi-zc.

I found the advise to frame the knee very helpful when preventing the reverse sit. I'm not sure what type of bottom 1/2 guard you like to play but maybe try something different than whatever you are playing that opens you up to this technique. The lockdown game is my goto 1/2 guard for sure, however I have found it to be more effective once I started switching things up by using other bottom 1/2 guards as needed. It keeps me less predictable & if I keep getting smashed, flattened out, or reverse sat w/ my lockdown game I switch to 93 guard to keep more space & this also makes it easier to frame that knee.

Array

School
    Criqui BJJ
    I'm sorry for not clarifying Joe, I'm using the lockdown.

Thank you very much for the help Michael and especially you Eddie.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    I have a brown belt at my BJJ school that always reverse sits to pass when I have him in half guard and smoothly crushes through me. What is a good defense for this or counter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DpTuRXCTV0

Thank for your time and help,

Morgan
    Caio has some good counters on his 111 half guard DVD.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Westside in Ogden Utah
    The Apollo sweep section on MTS 20 is not playing. Is there another video that shows this? I get the arm triangle from the bottom with the lock down, but have trouble finishing. Would love to see the sweep, as I feel trapped if the triangle is not working.

Array

School
    Next level combat 10th planet St Paul MN
    Half my jiu jitsu life has been spent playing half guard, this reverse sit can be a bitch. When I feel them go for it, I abandon half guard, frame out and shrimp off their hips. Not too sophisticated but I've been stuck under that reverse sit many times and that's one thing that's working for me.

Array

School
    LBK
    I guess this could work

Array

School
    Butch Hiles BJJ (Charleston, WV)
    Very nice ideas here. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast