Array

School
    GGBJJ

Thank You 10P Family!

Hey 10P Family - I wanted to give a shout out to Eddie & Zog. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for re-inspiring me to return to jiujitsu - my life is better off in so many ways because of it.

I've had a lot of ups & downs in the 7 years since I got on the mats for the 1st time. I had 3 kids. I moved 3 times. I was separated from my wife twice & nearly divorced. My job turned into a career. Both my wife & I have had our struggles with addiction… and yes, that was a big factor in all the previous bullshit.

I moved from Charlotte, NC back "home" to NY (in the middle of nowhere) so I started the 10PJJ Fredonia Hotbox here. I was doing well at tournaments in beginner & then intermediate divisions, it was exciting. But when shit hit the fan for me it effected not only my own training but the guys I was rolling with. After a while it was too much to handle so I took a break to get my life in order.

I was "on the bench" for I dunno, close to a year this last time - there were a few false starts during that time which were extremely discouraging. I got my shit together but for a while I thought I was done grappling. It's too hard to stay off pain pills when I roll I thought. It's too hard to be a good father, husband, employee, etc when I spend so much time training I thought. At 37 years old I've noticed it gets a little harder each time so I doubted my ability & my dedication. I didn't want to waste anyone's time with another 1/2 ass attempt.

Then Metamoris 3 happened in March. I was so damn PUMPED UP after watching Eddie validate himself & the system (not that he needed to). Soon after Zog had a seminar which got me even more excited & focused. Watching all of the new 10P tournament videos then got me (and still gets me) even more PUMPED THE FUCK UP!

Ever since then I've been on a roll (pun intended, BAM!). I earned my blue belt from Jeremy Arel while visiting SC this summer. I connected with a great school l only a 45 min drive away (Kinetix). They have kids classes too so my 7 year old even started jiujitsu with me & absolutely loves it - can you say dream come true? Now jiujitsu time = family time (no more arguments about taking time away from the family to roll). Its been almost 3 months & we're going strong. Training, family, job - everything is good! Finally, I even got my space for the Hotbox back in order so I'm also back to drilling the 10P technique that I love.

Thank you, thank you, thank you 10P Family. You are all inspiring people like me & you don't even know it. OK, 'nuff rambling…

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Congrats on your motivation being on fire :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Awesome heart felt story brotha! Congrats on the blue and its awesome to see you fired up!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    That was super inspiring man. I relate to a lot of it. Congrats bro.

Array

School
    RMNU
    Keep fighting and win the little battles everyday! Never quit!