Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07

Metamoris 5: JT Torres vs Rory MacDonald

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    After training with Rory for the past two year I will say that he is more than capable of tapping top BJJ guys. He is a master of eating up the spaces and his top game is suffocating. With GnP we could be the worlds best grappler. Regardless, I will choose JT because I think it will go down somewhat like Galvao vs Sonnen. Also JT made Keenan and I think Keenan could take Rory. Don't count out Rory as his size will be a factor.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Wow I didnt realize how smooth Rory rolled. Im really interested in this match now. I worry there will be a Schaub moment with any of the mma fighters that come over though
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Interesting. Just hope McDonald goes out more like Sonnen than Shaub.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    JT is gonna take this. Rory's size will be an initial problem, but JT is nasty grappler who will bring the attack to Rory. There is no chance of a Schaub encounter b/c both fighters wouldn't have it. JT is straight up attacker. Rory is a psycho who'll probably rip a shoulder off is he gets a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiseop View Post
    JT is gonna take this. Rory's size will be an initial problem, but JT is nasty grappler who will bring the attack to Rory. There is no chance of a Schaub encounter b/c both fighters wouldn't have it. JT is straight up attacker. Rory is a psycho who'll probably rip a shoulder off is he gets a chance.
    That's what I've been thinking all along. But now I think it might actually draw the more and more I think about it. I've been hearing things from pretty well respected grapplers that Rory is a beast and probably the best jiu jitsu at Tristar, even better than GSP, etc. Just by the way he was moving in that countdown, I just think that he'll probably be able to keep himself out of some bad spots in a way that other MMA guys in Metamoris haven't been able to do. That coupled with the size difference-someone said recently JT is about 155-160 lbs right now. Rory is probably a good 25 lbs heavier, no?

JT is a killing machine but this will be fun to watch for sure. I still want to pick JT deep down. The flip side to everything I just said is that if Rory does engage more in terms of more jiu jitsu style movements, transitions, and strategies, then I think he'll open himself up for more opportunities for JT to capitalize in a scramble and snag a guillotine, heel hook, or maybe get the back and RNC.

The heel hook is one last thing to consider. Rory has a huge title fight coming up. If he gets put in a heel hook threat I wouldn't expect him to try to fight it too hard. He's on the verge of being a superstar and the risk of defending a fully locked heel hook just isn't worth the reward IMO.

Array

School
    blank
    good countdown. first glimpse of rory not trying too hard with regards to manufacturing his personality.