Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym

Attn: Gogo Clinch players! Need advice!

I love the gogo clinch, it's my go to path from rubber guard. That being said for some time now many of my training partners have begun shutting it down by giving up the omoplata the second that I clear the neck. Of course having an omoplata is never a bad thing but I prefer the gogo clinch.

Does anyone have any tips or advice to prevent people from turning straight into the omoplata when you clear the neck and are setting up the gogo clinch? I'm sure double bagging would prevent this to a degree but my double bag game is very weak currently. Any and all advice is welcome! Thanks in advance!

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Your right, double bag will fix this. Also note, that in general, the highest level guys do NOT simply give up the second the neck is cleared. If they do, they are certainly at least swept. Unless you are double bagging, guys can give you jiu-claw VERY early in the path if they want to give up defending your rubber guard... That's all I'm thinking at this second of reading this but there are probably other options

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Debes View Post
    Your right, double bag will fix this. Also note, that in general, the highest level guys do NOT simply give up the second the neck is cleared. If they do, they are certainly at least swept. Unless you are double bagging, guys can give you jiu-claw VERY early in the path if they want to give up defending your rubber guard... That's all I'm thinking at this second of reading this but there are probably other options
    Thanks for the response bro!

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Logan, are you coming to the camp in Ann Arbor? If so, ask me this question when you get there
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Logan, are you coming to the camp in Ann Arbor? If so, ask me this question when you get there
    I am not going to be able to make it unfortunately!

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Sit up and bump into monoplata mount like eddie was showing in one of the recent MTS vids.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    I'd make your omo side certain death while you work on your double bag. Make them not want to turn. I love chasing the omoplata path because I know they're going to roll or sweep so I race them to the Baby Arm. As far as staying on the gogo path, are you maintaining any control over their far side? Either by going for wrist control or with a butterfly, a la Carni? Remember the control from the last seminar?

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eddy View Post
    Sit up and bump into monoplata mount like eddie was showing in one of the recent MTS vids.
    Gold.

Array

School
    10th Planet Richmond
    I feel if you keep the pressure of pulling them into you with your S hook, it would make it hard for them to turn away for the omoplata. I have the exact opposite reaction from people where they tend to stack me instead of pulling away. Like Ben Eddy said though, bumping them over for the monoplata is a great path as well.

Array

School
    10th Planet Indianapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan Cook View Post
    I am not going to be able to make it unfortunately!
    Come check out the new location! We can help with any questions you have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast