Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I think it's called De Souza control. Featured quite a lot in the early MTS episodes.

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    I go for the truck every time I roll. It's my favorite spot.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I thought it was called the wrestler when you grab the foot and pull them over, and I thought DeSouza control was when you clasp your hands together around the thigh. I will have to watch the Twister DVD again.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I usually only go for it from attacking the turtle, and I use the wrestler (if that's what it's called) to get there.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    I thought it was called the wrestler when you grab the foot and pull them over, and I thought DeSouza control was when you clasp your hands together around the thigh. I will have to watch the Twister DVD again.
    On pages 59 and 62 of Mastering the Twister the first one is under the label "The Wrestler (ankle control)" and the second one is under the label "The Wrestler (DeSouza Control)". I have always called them exactly as you do.

Coincidentally, we're doing truck all this week at my gym. We haven't focused on it in a while and the new guys who have never seen it before are LOVING it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123