Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    when I roll with someone new, I usually start slow and defensive, hoping they will bring their A game so I can maybe learn something new from them by watching their A game.

Array

School
    10th Planet Enterprise
    “Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?”
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I used to be all for the idea that rolls in practice didn't matter. Until I realized that come tournament time I want to be the monster. And you must practice what you want to perform otherwise at some level you're fooling yourself. So there's nothing but love before and after the roll, but regardless if you're my main training partner or we just met, you're gonna see the same level of intensity.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Davis View Post
    “Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?”
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I used to be all for the idea that rolls in practice didn't matter. Until I realized that come tournament time I want to be the monster. And you must practice what you want to perform otherwise at some level you're fooling yourself. So there's nothing but love before and after the roll, but regardless if you're my main training partner or we just met, you're gonna see the same level of intensity.
    Yes x1000000
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    If your anything like the rest of us the fact that you got submitted by a lower belt in training means nothing. It happens to EVERYONE if you have been in this sport long enough. Concentrate more on how to prevent it from happening again or how to escape the submission vs. getting revenge

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MO
    Flow with the go...its training...tap early and tap often and learn from the experience.

You got tapped by a white belt. Guess what - nobody cares! You shouldn't either. The only important thing is that you tapped and didn't get injured.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    It's going to happen, especially if you're trying new things. It's a little lame that he wouldn't roll after that, but life goes on. Chances are that you'll roll with him again sometime and you'll know what to expect.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Array

School
    carlos neto BJJ
    I'm not a gym bully by any means but as a guest of the dojo I want to leave a good impression on my game and school I come from

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Always bring your A game. The only time I flow with someone new is if there's a huge disparity in size/skill.

Flowing in my opinion is for your main training partners 2 times a week tops. Other than that, you should be busting your ass to tap them and them also trying to tap you as well. Taking it easy on your partners all the time only hurts you and them, because come competition time your body and mind are not ready for what you're about to embark on.

Array

School
    RONIN
    word

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast