Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Hamilton View Post

I would like to see this as a no time limit event which is shown to the public after it's been edited and cut down to 1 hour. similar to the BJJ kumita by Lloyd Irvin) and no competitor can discuss the results (similar to a reality show)

Imagine a TRUE submission only match between Ryron and Galvao, Eddie and Royler, Saku and Renzo... That's what we really want. A draw is so anti climatic.
    This kills the live experience though which is probably the best part about Metamoris. They put on a great live show and the people that are showing up to it are what's helping build the momentum for the show.

I also didn't enjoy watching kumite. Just watching highlights of a match is not interesting for me for anything other than studying jits technique. Stall calls, money for subs, don't raise both their hands at the end in order to help create that culture incentive of we don't want draws etc. But at the end of the day we're talking about highly skilled, evenly matched JJ practitioners. I think it's less about making sure that every match has a submission and more about making sure every match has constant action. As pointed out by Eddie, some of the most exciting Metamoris matches have been draws.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    This is why I like EBI better that Metamoris. With the sudden death system the draw is impossible.

Does anybody know that cradle that Sakuraba got Renzo in? I really want to learn it

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Hook his head and leg and connect your hands. Preferably be on top. Pretty cutt'n dry.

How to attack or progress from the cradle is the trick. Cradle is pure control. And strong, but you have to release to become offensive.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    I think you answered your own question. except it looked like it was really deep and almost had a guillotine. kinda like that "cryangle" where you pull off a triangle with one of the other person's legs in between.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Hook his head and leg and connect your hands. Preferably be on top. Pretty cutt'n dry.

How to attack or progress from the cradle is the trick. Cradle is pure control. And strong, but you have to release to become offensive.
    There are some truck/back transitions from a cradle.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Thank you guys

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I have a whole cradle attack series I like to go to crucifix, back widow, and Im always looking for arm triangles and truck. All depends on if his arm is trapped or not. Just stating that learning to control and attack the cradle is a whole different story than catching the cradle.

I also feel that it is a weight classy sub series. If hes bigger, stronger and good, Ill settle them in cradle then transition to leg drag or 1000 kilo's. More control imo.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    its on piratebay.org u can get it as a torrent for free. its kind of illegal..

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Ray View Post
    So who won? I didn't get to go watch it.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    saku looked like he had a lot of old injuries, he must have arthritis almost everywhere, he took a lot of abuse. I wish this fight would have happened like 5 years ago, maybe it would have been more exciting, I was disapointed but I understand at their age, its not going to be the same.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast