Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu South Cooast

Perfect Dogfight

Every time I see how to get to the Dogfight from perfect double unders lock down on MTS it seems to have changed. Can somebody tell me the current way to get there? And if I go from old school to dogfight, am I supposed to bump him forwards with my knee or something or just go?

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Old school blows right past dogfight.

My recommendation would be to drill the boa. Once you get lockdown double unders, never release your s grip untill you are on your knees. The grip is what keeps you safe and gives you leverage. Then its just manipulating his AND your weight off of your hips. If there is any weight on your hips, you will need to release the grip and post to get up. This is where you are extremely vulnerable.

Are you familiar with the term 'fancy feet'?

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu South Cooast
    I am, what is the Boa?

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    The Boa is what Bobby was talking about "Once you get lockdown double unders, never release your s grip until you're on your knees." Think, like a boa constricting it's prey...your perfect double unders with the modified s grip will act as the constriction part; thus, allowing you to work your way to your knees while keeping the grip on your opponent.

Array

School
    Gracie Humaita/Ronin
    So is the boa the grip? I always thought it was a specific sweep. I did always wonder how it differed from the twist back!

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    The grip is the "modified s grip" and the boa is the full path from perfect double unders to the dog fight while maintaining the modified s grip. Boa = Perfect Double Unders > Fancy Feet > Dog Fight (all while maintaining the s grip around the body)

The sweep references the half and half at the end of the path from dog fight, while both hands are on the far side of the body. The bottom hand will drop to the knee for the sweep. Hence the Boa Sweep = Perfect Double Unders > Fancy Feet > Dog Fight (maintaining the s grip around the body) > Half and Half Sweep

If I'm wrong, someone please chime in...not gonna hurt my feelers here. I'm always and forever a student and we all know how things change (as it should). Evolution is key to success.

Array

School
    Gracie Humaita/Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Meek View Post
    The grip is the "modified s grip" and the boa is the full path from perfect double unders to the dog fight while maintaining the modified s grip. Boa = Perfect Double Unders > Fancy Feet > Dog Fight (all while maintaining the s grip around the body)

The sweep references the half and half at the end of the path from dog fight, while both hands are on the far side of the body. The bottom hand will drop to the knee for the sweep. Hence the Boa Sweep = Perfect Double Unders > Fancy Feet > Dog Fight (maintaining the s grip around the body) > Half and Half Sweep

If I'm wrong, someone please chime in...not gonna hurt my feelers here. I'm always and forever a student and we all know how things change (as it should). Evolution is key to success.
    That makes sense, thanks!

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    No worries Sean! That's what the forum is all about here. Glad I could help!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Meek View Post
    Boa = Perfect Double Unders > Fancy Feet > Dog Fight (all while maintaining the s grip around the body)

Correct, you can also do the half and half sweep while maintaining the double underhooks without knee tapping.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Correct, you can also do the half and half sweep while maintaining the double underhooks without knee tapping.
    Yes...thanks for the add Zog! Always good for words of wisdom. Hope you're doing well up there with all the snow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast