Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Combat Society
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Debes View Post
    I think what your trying to say is that its not draws but BORING draws that we REALY hate. And it does seem more common that a match that ends without a sub is more boring on average than one that does. But it isn't the draw itself that's the problem, just the "draw mentality" (I just don't want to lose) which is basically a passive, stalling mentality.

Your match with Royler was a "draw" but I thought it was incredibly exiting even though Royler seemed to have a bit of that mentality at times.
    Well said.

Array

School
    EMU Judo, Final Round
    My only concern about the "draw" system is that when there is a lot on the line people are going to be too content with it. Particularly in these huge reputation matches or semi-grudge matches. Royler was better off letting you tear his leg off until the timer went out then he would of been trying to sub you and getting submitted in my opinion, and knew it. If you had subbed him that match he had a lot to lose. And yes, people still know you won but they will have that shield to hide behind.

So far I have not really seen any serious evidence of an epidemic of people simply going for the draw, but I have a feeling particularly when it's personal things will be like that. Like if Wandy and Chael finally make it to Metamoris for example.

Array

School
    Next level combat 10th planet St Paul MN
    Not all draws are equal. I just love a full on attack, which can certainly end in a draw. Some matches, for whatever reason, don't seem to have the urgency. 20 minutes a match adds up to some serious boredom when people are just staying in the game as opposed to leaving it all on the mat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12