Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Hughes View Post
    That's awesome, man. What a cool experience. I would have never guessed you guys went so far back. Em could/can definitely free, which is easy to see from all of the cyphers he's been on, all the sessions with Proof and the youtube video where Paul gives him words to use. I'm just repeating what he said though. You probably know better than I. I just think with how much there is at stake and how serious he takes he craft, I would assume a large majority, if not all of his material is written nowadays.
    He used to have a few punchlines ready that he could work into his rap but I would say that he was freestyling for the most part. In the old format for battle rap like Scribble Jam it was a tournament so you didn't know who you were going to battle so they didn't have time to prepare for each opponent.

Yeah it's crazy how that all happened... He actually put my name in the thank yous for the Slim Shady LP.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    how awesome would it be if Eminem was a black belt in BJJ? Imagine the awesome raps he would do. He wouldn't rap much about brocoli..:P

Array

School
    Hobart No-Gi/Hybrid Training Centre
    Awesome cypher. It'd be interesting to see how he'd go in today's world of mostly writtens and single matches.

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem

im cold enough and hot enough to freeze and unthaw, i kick my girl out in 10 degrees and a bra

Array

School

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    scribble jam was the only true freestyle competition. Now grindtime/kotd is all writtens. Dont get me wrong, there are some absolute monsters in the battle game. But it wouldnt be worth it for em to come back and battle them. if he lost, its a huge deal, and if he won it didnt mean anything anyway. dna could probably body eminem. but dna cant write a multi plat album.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ > 10th Planet Springfield > Rickson Gracie BJJ
    RIP Eyedea. That cat could gas.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by George Katechis View Post
    dna could probably body eminem.
    Oh, dear god. You're kidding me, right? DNA only bodies himself every time he opens his mouth.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    DNA choked up on stage, quit the battle in the finals of the Redbull Emsee tournament and walked off the stage right in front of Em. Do you think he'd let that slide? Plus, he'll never live down his classic lines like, "You're only known in the U.K; I'm known nation wide." Genius.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by George Katechis View Post
    scribble jam was the only true freestyle competition. Now grindtime/kotd is all writtens. Dont get me wrong, there are some absolute monsters in the battle game. But it wouldnt be worth it for em to come back and battle them. if he lost, its a huge deal, and if he won it didnt mean anything anyway. dna could probably body eminem. but dna cant write a multi plat album.
    The game has changed and Em doesn't need to go back to battle rap... but I think he would still do well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast