Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07

Eminem Returns to Battle Rap ???

With the creation of Shady's 'Total Slaughter' battle rap event top battlers like Murda Mook and
    Loaded Lux are calling Em out... If Em does step in the ring to battle again he will body kids.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Eminem tops my list of all time favorite artists. Creative genius
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Eminem tops my list of all time favorite artists. Creative genius
    I agree... from the first time I heard him on the 'Infinite LP' from back in Detroit.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Honestly, I don't see it as a huge possibility. If you look at the guys who are getting into battling like Joe Budden, Cassidy, Cannabis, Ab Soul etc, you will see none of them have the prestige Em has. I think he just has the marketing mind and sees the ever-growing battle rap culture as another outlet to make money. Lux has sort of lost his buzz after the Hollow battle, and Mook doesn't deserve a shot at all. That being said, if he did decide to take a battle, I'd be interested.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Hughes View Post
    Honestly, I don't see it as a huge possibility. If you look at the guys who are getting into battling like Joe Budden, Cassidy, Cannabis, Ab Soul etc, you will see none of them have the prestige Em has. I think he just has the marketing mind and sees the ever-growing battle rap culture as another outlet to make money. Lux has sort of lost his buzz after the Hollow battle, and Mook doesn't deserve a shot at all. That being said, if he did decide to take a battle, I'd be interested.
    Agreed... plus Em came from an era of battling where it was all off the top, no writtens allowed. I'm sure he could adapt to the written format though.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Personally I think that's what makes him great is the fact he can do it without planning something first. No writing beforehand separates the good from the great
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Personally I think that's what makes him great is the fact he can do it without planning something first. No writing beforehand separates the good from the great
    Yeah... Dizaster can mix the writtens with off top pretty well too. Diz should destroy Cassidy.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Eeehhhh, let's be honest; a ton of his shit was written back then, intertwined with a few spontaneous lines. He even admits it in the redbull emsee interviews. I would be surprised if he tried to freestyle more than a two bar rebuttal if he were to take a battle in this written era. What would his opponents even talk about that hasn't already been said? I think Diz would be a decent opponent, and it's Em's favorite battler, but does he really deserve the shot? Does anyone?

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Hughes View Post
    Eeehhhh, let's be honest; a ton of his shit was written back then, intertwined with a few spontaneous lines. He even admits it in the redbull emsee interviews. I would be surprised if he tried to freestyle more than a two bar rebuttal if he were to take a battle in this written era. What would his opponents even talk about that hasn't already been said? I think Diz would be a decent opponent, and it's Em's favorite battler, but does he really deserve the shot? Does anyone?
    I don't know what he said in the redbull interviews but I drove Em to the Rap Olympics and saw him freestyle off the head for like 45 minutes straight before the competition started. We were sitting at a table full of flyers and stickers. Paul Rosenberg, Marc Kempf and I handed him flyers which he worked into his freestyle.

I don't know about now but back then he could easily come off top. He had a few 'themes' that would work their way into his frees but he wasn't doing written verses like they do nowadays.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    That's awesome, man. What a cool experience. I would have never guessed you guys went so far back. Em could/can definitely free, which is easy to see from all of the cyphers he's been on, all the sessions with Proof and the youtube video where Paul gives him words to use. I'm just repeating what he said though. You probably know better than I. I just think with how much there is at stake and how serious he takes he craft, I would assume a large majority, if not all of his material is written nowadays.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast