Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    It works. I don't get darced or jnt'd anymore and my life is better because of it.

I still got something I wanna play with on you. It evolved primarily for this defense. We'll see.

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    Damn you BMAC for letting this video see the light of day!!!

Array

School
    West coast fight team
    I like it!
    He is a pretty good guitar player too!
    My real name is Bob Ritter and that is Mighty Mouse with me.

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockanrollin View Post
    I like it!
    He is a pretty good guitar player too!
    He's a pretty guitar player too!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Awesome to hear that it has already helped you. I'm very cautious with my neck these days, so to hear that it is saving yours is great. Be nice to your neck, boys. It don't last forever.

Once your training partners get hip to this defense, you're gonna see them start sliding under to a marce/farce variation. Be prepared to take advantage of their movement and find top position. By switching to the marce, they will change the angle, rendering your frame useless; but they will also open a brief window for you to switch your hips, extend your trapped arm, and gain top position. Look for that opportunity.
    Thanks for posting the video and also for the info here! This looks great, and I definitely need to take care of my neck too. I was going to ask about the marce/farce switch. Would it also be correct to say that someone dropping their hip to face your feet and and stepping over to mount would also change the angle, mess with your frame, and force an adjustment to be made?

Jeff Glover gif is too big to embed
    http://i.minus.com/igO8B4Uci2BwV.gif

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    Thanks for posting the video and also for the info here! This looks great, and I definitely need to take care of my neck too. I was going to ask about the marce/farce switch. Would it also be correct to say that someone dropping their hip to face your feet and and stepping over to mount would also change the angle, mess with your frame, and force an adjustment to be made?

Jeff Glover gif is too big to embed
    http://i.minus.com/igO8B4Uci2BwV.gif

That is my preferred Darce finish. That having been said, the Picture Day frame still kills it. For that variation to work you need the Darce locked up and ready to squeeze. With the frame in, you never feel secure enough, and the mount attempt never really happens. If they have crazy long arms and decide to figure-4 and mount despite your frames, you're still gonna survive. Sounds crazy, I know. You gotta try it tonight.

The mounted variation changes the angle against the frame, but still has to fight the frame to be succesful; the marce evades the frame entirely. But that evasion comes at a price: opportunity for the defender.

I will start trying to get the rest of this stuff up for you guys. In the meantime, I'll do my best to answer any questions y'all may have. Sometimes words on a page just won't suffice.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Can't wait to try it!! Thanks Brandon.

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    This shit works. End thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    That is my preferred Darce finish. That having been said, the Picture Day frame still kills it. For that variation to work you need the Darce locked up and ready to squeeze. With the frame in, you never feel secure enough, and the mount attempt never really happens. If they have crazy long arms and decide to figure-4 and mount despite your frames, you're still gonna survive. Sounds crazy, I know. You gotta try it tonight.

The mounted variation changes the angle against the frame, but still has to fight the frame to be succesful; the marce evades the frame entirely. But that evasion comes at a price: opportunity for the defender.

I will start trying to get the rest of this stuff up for you guys. In the meantime, I'll do my best to answer any questions y'all may have. Sometimes words on a page just won't suffice.
    These words on a page are helping a lot. Thank you. In general to be a good darcer you need to be able to chase it everywhere, no matter where it goes. I guess this defense makes that more important than ever. I'll try it out and have training partners try it. Thanks!

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Wow, I saw the video, tried it, and saved myself from three chokes in a night. Thanks!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast