Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Is it the same whey protein?

Hey everyone! If two different brands of whey had the same amino acid profile, does that pretty much make them the same protein powder? They even have nearly identical 'Supplemental Facts'

I'm referring to very popular Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey

(http://bodybeyondbelief.com.au/image..._Nutrition.png)

and the relatively unknown brand Bio Sport USA Xtreme Whey

(http://4imgs.com/1049/sys/add/2/BIOsupp_fact_whey.gif)

Are there other factors to consider when evaluating differences in whey?

Thanks everyone.

Array

School
    Kombat Sports/10th Planet Yuma and San Diego (when in the area)
    I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to certain supplements because I prefer more natural supplements. Anyways, both forms of whey protein are very similar as you said but the ingredients are another key factor as to what you want to ingest as well. The Optimum is a better choice in the long run, but you should look more into other products such as pea protein if you want more amino acids that will be properly broken down when ingested. Also, make sure you take count as to other supplements and vitamins you are taking because if you take to much of the same thing you pretty much are throwing your money in the toilet (dark/ultra bright urine). One of my choices for whey protein is "Now Whey Protein Isolate" it may not contain the same amount as the your other two choices, but it made from all natural products so it be broken down in more healthier way to not harm your body in the long run like other products. My second choice of protein is "WarriorForce" which is even better, but in the long run its what you want out of your supplement and how it will work with your body. You can try two the same product and one might work while the other doesn't it's all on your body. I hope this helped you out, but if you have any other nutrition questions I'm pretty knowledgeable at that area and love to help answer any questions.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Look up the Consumer Reports study on Protein Powders and Heavy Metal Contaminants

http://consumerreports.org/cro/2012/...inks/index.htm

I just use Instant Skim Milk Powder if I want to boost Protein Levels in a drink.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I will never buy any whey protein that is not 100% undenatured, cold pressure extracted and taken from cows that are free range, GMO free and Hormone free.

Contact me if you have trouble finding whey that meets these standards and I can hook you up and have it delivered to your door. I am in the business.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    I will never buy any whey protein that is not 100% undenatured, cold pressure extracted and taken from cows that are free range, GMO free and Hormone free.

Contact me if you have trouble finding whey that meets these standards and I can hook you up and have it delivered to your door. I am in the business.
    Tell us what the good shit is. Its cool if you sell it, Im asking so its not like you are being greasy and using the forum to advertise.
    GO SHARKS!

"A conspiracy theorist is a person who tacitly admits that they have insufficient data to prove their points. A conspiracy theory is a battle cry of a person with insufficient data." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

If this shit turns out to be true, I will get a tattoo of a crop duster spelling out the phrase, "Eddie was right!"

Array

School
    I use Isagenix protein exclusively. It is only available through network marketing for the purpose of protecting the quality of the product line, so you can't buy it in stores. I don't actually sell it. I set people up with their own accounts so they can buy their own and have it shipped to their door.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    So do we have to buy a bulk amount then to get it?
    Whats in it for you?
    Not a pyramid scam. right?

Array

School
    The way it works is like this:
    Most companies that offer products will sell through retail chains. They shell out a ton of money on buying shelf space in chain outlets, contracting retailers to carry their products, advertising, sponsoring athletes, branding, etc etc. They have a HUGE amount of overhead just to move the product to the shelves. This most times will lead to them compromising the quality of the products by cutting them will filler, or using inferiour sources (soy, etc).
    Then the stores mark up the price as well for profit, and people buy. Profits go to the retail outlests and of course the company that produces the product.

Isagenix uses direct selling instead. It eliminates most overhead, which allows them to sell a product that is superiour for market-par prices. The profits are shared with people who actively promote the product line.

So imagine it like this.
    If CostCo did business the same way, you would buy a membership andthen you could buy whatever product you wanted at the wholesale price.
    If you showed your friends all the awesome stuff you could get as a member, and they wanted that for themselves, you would set them up with their own account, and then they could buy whatever they wanted at the wholesale price.
    CostCo would thank you for the additional business by giving you a cash bonus just for introducing the new person.
    CostCo would also thank you every time the people that you introduced continued to shop through them, and pay you weekly, in cash, based on the volume of goods moved.
    But it would all be online shopping instead of going into a building, which would eliminate a huge amount of overhead and offer up massive amounts of money to share in the rewards system, and the goods are mailed to your door.

So to answer your questions:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    So do we have to buy a bulk amount then to get it?
    Whats in it for you?
    Not a pyramid scam. right?
    - No
    - Residual income for life with no ceiling or limit, that I can transfer to my children upon death.
    - Correct.
    Last edited by Kurzy; 12-21-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    I see.
    It's "multi-level marketing" like Mary Kay. Since there is an actual product(s) being sold it is not technically a pyramid scheme. If you make money primarily by signing up new "wholesalers" (not technically wholesale) instead of the actual sells of the products, then it is "franchise fraud", but maybe thats not the case.
    I see that the $39 dollar fee for joining does not go to the person that signed you up so thats one step removed from a pyramid scheme but if after joining you can only buy products from the person that signed you up instead of directly from the company then it is a pyramid scheme.

Im interested in seeing the retail price of a chocolate protein drink. The stuff I drink now is def not exactly healthy for you and onnits hemp drink is full of maca root which affects me too much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-level_marketing

Array

School
    lol Aaron, keep throwing the word pyramid around as your heart desires, but it's more like shopping on Amazon.com than CostCo. I just used CostCo as an example because they require a membership, but really you buy directly from the company and nothing else.
    I guess I should have used a company called Costmazon as an example.

It's "multi-level marketing" like Mary Kay. Since there is an actual product(s) being sold it is not technically a pyramid scheme. If you make money primarily by signing up new "wholesalers" (not technically wholesale) instead of the actual sells of the products, then it is "franchise fraud", but maybe thats not the case.
    I see that the $39 dollar fee for joining does not go to the person that signed you up so thats one step removed from a pyramid scheme but if after joining you can only buy products from the person that signed you up instead of directly from the company then it is a pyramid scheme.
    Everyone pays the membership fee every year. That allows you to buy at wholesale pricing, and provides you with your own website, and is required for you to take part in the rewards system.
    Everyone buys products from the company directly, not me.
    Everyone pays the same price for the products.
    Everyone achieves amazing results and feels like a million dollars after going on these products as well.

My rewards are for bringing them new customers, and for those customers who continue to be repeat customers. Simple. I buy from Isagenix for the same prices that they do. We all pay the same, even the top income earners.

Just for fun, some background info:
    It is Network marketing because that allows the formulator to protect the the quality of the product line. The formulator (John Anderson) designed the system originally while trying to find a natural way to battle cancer and autoimmune disorders. He designed an entire cleanse system to rid the body of unwanted toxins and give people a fresh start. He was strictly a formulator who designed a superiour Nutritional Cleansing system, not a business man. He spent his day in a lab coat.

BUT - He had been contracted out to design thousands of other products for hundreds of supplement companies in the past, which he did do in the past, end every time he was contracted out to design a product to do something in the human body, the companies that contracted him out said
    "Good job, but the ingredients are too expensive, so we are going to water it down with all this other sub-standard shit so we can make more money but the product will not be as effective as how it was originally designed".

He got sick of seeing his designs get bastardized by all these previous supplement companies, so to protect his formula he went seeking out the best professionals in the network marketing business he could find, and they designed a brand new networking company with an award winning compensation plan, specifically to distribute this system.
    So understand that the product line existed before the company, and the creator thought it was best to release this line to the public through network marketing to protect the integrity of his design.

Im interested in seeing the retail price of a chocolate protein drink. The stuff I drink now is def not exactly healthy for you and onnits hemp drink is full of maca root which affects me too much.
    The choice shake that I use (and all the athletes that choose this program use) is called the Isalean Pro shake. There are ingredients and BCAA lists that can be found on the web if you search, I don;t have it off the top of my head, but I can say this off the top:
    36 grams undenatured GMO free whey protein
    Soy free
    Gluten free
    GMO free
    23 Vitamins & Minerals
    18 BCAA's
    6 Grams dietary fibre
    Active enzymes are included to aid in digestion.

So a full meal with everything the body needs and none of the stuff the body doesn't need, so burn fat and support lean muscle growth, for about $3 a shake. (Note: This is not just a protein shake. It's a full meal)

All ingredients are all natural and all plant based (except the whey obviously, from cows) with no added stimulants or unnatural sugars.

Edited to add that it is gaining popularity among MMA fighters and other elite athletes, and they are building residual income networks instead of relying on companies to sponsor them. Stipe Miocic, Riury Gracie and others.
    Check out Lori Harder, Lisa Dube Lewis, Michele Welcome. All the Kathy Savage fitness competitors use this product line too.
    For guys, look at Shane Freels, Trevor and Aaron Hairston, etc.
    Dr. Paul Biondich has all his athletes using this product line.
    Last edited by Kurzy; 12-21-2014 at 04:07 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast