Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Apperz View Post
    10th Planet
    I don't really go for the 'extra' bits (sorry!), but the actual content and highlights are second to none. I think Eddie is the most charismatic teacher around and if you want to talk value there is no better place to put your money. Also, although it has died down a little in terms of regularity you need to check out 'this week in ROC' which is as good as MTS and fills in the gaps Eddie leaves in earlier episodes of leg locks.
    9/10

BJJ University:
    All Gi. I liked this, but I feel the site needs to separate the gi and no-gi stuff. They say the majority of gi stuff is applicable to no-gi, but personally I'd like them to refill it and talk me through the differences in escapes when there is so much less friction. The seminars - when they get a yogi guy - are always good, but they feel rushed. As if the instructor has been told 'you have one hour, you need to show 15 techniques' and that's the viewers lot.
    6/10

Mendes Bros Online:
    My favourite 'top level' competitors site. Although there is not enough NoGi technique on there, Rafa doesn't like relying on grips, so when he teaches you often find it just as applicable to NoGi. Additionally, I've notice Gui has started doing something similar now - saying that 'if you cannot get the grip do this instead' (the guard retention stuff is pure gold). Most importantly of all: the sparring. There tends to be a video of Rafa Sparring once / twice a week in No Gi. Get your notebook at the ready and watch - without this the site would be 7/10, but this sparring makes it essential in my eyes.
    10/10

MG IN Action:
    Fantastic website that is perfect if used as a database of things you 'need to know' at a specific time. E.g. 'Mount Escape'. My complaint about MG In Action is that the content is often repeated and released in a fairly random manner.
    8/10

Lovato JR:
    I really like his stuff, but it is so, so gi heavy that I can't rely on it. Get his pressure passing DVDs instead.
    4/10

Estima in Action:
    The Mendes Brothers stuff is often advanced and VERY in-depth, but Braulio's just went too far for me. Many of the moves I look at and think that although I could probably do them, they are so unorthodox and alien to me that I have no desire to learn them. I like new elements of JiuJitsu, but I don't want to change my game into something I cannot enjoy.
    4/10

Project Cauliflower Ear:
    Excellent new site that is run by a guy 'just like me' (but much better) who is at the forefront of the JJ revolution. Brent is a brown belt and Brandon is Purple (I believe?), which may make some turn up their noses, but I've found that this makes them able to better communicate certain elements of a technique. Again, 'like me', they are still refining their style which means lots of discussion and excitement about new techniques. By far this has had the most impact on my game.
    9/10

Cobrinha BJJ
    I really like Cobrinha's site, but I struggle a bit to enjoy and make use of his techniques. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but a lot of what he shows me doesn't seem to work too well - I think he struggles a bit to put across certain points of the move he is showing (pressure exactly). Rather than concentrate on what I should be doing he shows what I do when opponent does this, this or this in a way that makes failure seem inevitable. Hope that makes sense - I know what I mean O
    7/10

Thanks brotha I'm glad you dig "TWIR". More "The Week in Roc" coming soon (which btw is only Free source of material mentioned here). I try keeping to the average of 1/month. Some months I'll put 2 or 3, if I happen to skip a month. If I do skip a month its usually because its I'm likely teaching material that month that I've all ready covered in previous videos or its straight 10p material that's covered in MTS.

If you have a droid you want to follow "The Week in Roc" via the free "Zogipedia" app through the google play store. The link is in my signature below.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Apperz View Post
    10th Planet
    I don't really go for the 'extra' bits (sorry!), but the actual content and highlights are second to none. I think Eddie is the most charismatic teacher around and if you want to talk value there is no better place to put your money. Also, although it has died down a little in terms of regularity you need to check out 'this week in ROC' which is as good as MTS and fills in the gaps Eddie leaves in earlier episodes of leg locks.
    9/10

BJJ University:
    All Gi. I liked this, but I feel the site needs to separate the gi and no-gi stuff. They say the majority of gi stuff is applicable to no-gi, but personally I'd like them to refill it and talk me through the differences in escapes when there is so much less friction. The seminars - when they get a yogi guy - are always good, but they feel rushed. As if the instructor has been told 'you have one hour, you need to show 15 techniques' and that's the viewers lot.
    6/10

Mendes Bros Online:
    My favourite 'top level' competitors site. Although there is not enough NoGi technique on there, Rafa doesn't like relying on grips, so when he teaches you often find it just as applicable to NoGi. Additionally, I've notice Gui has started doing something similar now - saying that 'if you cannot get the grip do this instead' (the guard retention stuff is pure gold). Most importantly of all: the sparring. There tends to be a video of Rafa Sparring once / twice a week in No Gi. Get your notebook at the ready and watch - without this the site would be 7/10, but this sparring makes it essential in my eyes.
    10/10

MG IN Action:
    Fantastic website that is perfect if used as a database of things you 'need to know' at a specific time. E.g. 'Mount Escape'. My complaint about MG In Action is that the content is often repeated and released in a fairly random manner.
    8/10

Lovato JR:
    I really like his stuff, but it is so, so gi heavy that I can't rely on it. Get his pressure passing DVDs instead.
    4/10

Estima in Action:
    The Mendes Brothers stuff is often advanced and VERY in-depth, but Braulio's just went too far for me. Many of the moves I look at and think that although I could probably do them, they are so unorthodox and alien to me that I have no desire to learn them. I like new elements of JiuJitsu, but I don't want to change my game into something I cannot enjoy.
    4/10

Project Cauliflower Ear:
    Excellent new site that is run by a guy 'just like me' (but much better) who is at the forefront of the JJ revolution. Brent is a brown belt and Brandon is Purple (I believe?), which may make some turn up their noses, but I've found that this makes them able to better communicate certain elements of a technique. Again, 'like me', they are still refining their style which means lots of discussion and excitement about new techniques. By far this has had the most impact on my game.
    9/10

Cobrinha BJJ
    I really like Cobrinha's site, but I struggle a bit to enjoy and make use of his techniques. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but a lot of what he shows me doesn't seem to work too well - I think he struggles a bit to put across certain points of the move he is showing (pressure exactly). Rather than concentrate on what I should be doing he shows what I do when opponent does this, this or this in a way that makes failure seem inevitable. Hope that makes sense - I know what I mean O
    7/10

Solid review! Thank you for the kind words for PCE (Brandon is a brown belt btw. Longer than me). Mendes Bros is one of my favorites and TWIR is a gold mine for free. If you don't watch it you're missing out.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Has anyone used JJ Machado online material? It is one I had seriously considered pulling the trigger on.

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by iancattanach View Post
    Torrent them all.
    You can't hold back the information from the lower class.
    Actually you can't hold back information from people who are smart enough not to pay.
    You've obviously heard this by now, but +1. It's not big corporations running these websites, it's martial artists passionate about what they do who are trying to make a living off of knowledge they've worked their asses off to acquire. The grappling community is tiny compared to any other industry, It's identical to downloading music from a struggling artist making music.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12