School
    10th Planet Indianapolis
    Jones- hand fighting elbows

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    Thanks for posting this!
    Most def... I'm really looking forward to this one.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I can't wait to watch this fight. I'm hoping Cormier destroys Jones.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Well, unfortunately (for a lot of ppl), DC got out-wrestled.

In the cage, there appeared to be a huge mismatch in size between the two. One that was not so apparent when seeing them together at other times. Jones looked like a large albatross with huge reach and super long legs. His balance and use of his legs to defend the takedown was impressive. DC tried boxing him up early and did really well in the 2nd round (I thought he had the 1st as well). I really thought DC would chain his takedown attempts much more and get Bones down in the 1st or 2nd round but it didn't happen. Jones is just too much of an athletic freak.

We'll see if DC stays at LHW to see if he can get another crack or goes back to HW and waits for Jones to move up. At LHW there just do not appear to be many contenders - there is Rumble Johnson and Gustaffsson, who will face off and if (whichever one) loses, then there are no other contenders.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    DC can keep training but it looked like he's got a LONG way to go to give Jones a true challenge. A lot of people were picking DC to win, but I think that's because everyone likes him. Jones has a rep as a jerk, and I think that played into it. If you look at them objectively, Jones is clearly superior.

People were saying "Jones is the best pound for pound" until the fight was announced and then they said "DC is gonna win". That doesn't make much sense. Jones is a jedi, and DC showed just how far above the pack Jones is. DC might get a rematch, but I'm not sure why. It wasn't a very competitive fight. Jones dominated him.

Array

School
    Ronin
    DC can keep training but it looked like he's got a LONG way to go to give Jones a true challenge. A lot of people were picking DC to win, but I think that's because everyone likes him. Jones has a rep as a jerk, and I think that played into it. If you look at them objectively, Jones is clearly superior.
    UFC are getting better at doing this: taking a contender and convincing you they stand a better chance than they do... Boxing has been doing it for years and years.

Array

School
    West coast fight team
    There was a lot of good action in the card for sure. One thing I noticed and that is very odd for a UFC event was that at the end of the night there was no blood on the cage of the floor and no one got submitted.
    I don't know if the matches we just all that even or the fighters were more focused on winning rounds and point scoring as opposed to winning the fight by a finish!
    My real name is Bob Ritter and that is Mighty Mouse with me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast