Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Any where I can!!

Learning the system.

Hey guys,

Just want some advise to approaching training the 10th plant system. I love the system, love Eddie and one day I'd love to run a moon. However, there are no moons or hot boxes where I am so I only have the option of training the techniques in my clubs no gi night. So how do I do that without pissing off my coach and then how do I get my tournament wins without pissing him off by flashing 10th planet signs or wearing the gear. Just wondered if anyone else her has come up against these problems already and how they dealt with them.

All advise great fully received

Dave

Array

School
    FLMAC/10th planet Ronin

Array

School
    10th Planet London / Nottingham
    Learn the warm ups! They will definitely help and perhaps you should talk to your coach about it, he may not get pissed off!

(Oh and take a trip down to 10th planet london)

Array

School
    Any where I can!!
    10th planet London would be worth the trip. Couldn't afford to do it often though. I'll have a chat with my coach see what he says. Thanks guys.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    +1 on becoming a pro member, and definitely master the warm ups. Find a drilling partner who's down with the system, or at least just open minded and reliable. STUDY! Definitely save up some money and get in a 10th Planet gym, maybe arrange a trip when there is a seminar going on to get the most out of it. Ask questions, like this, here on the forums. Someone will answer it, and maybe even post an instructional video for you. Film yourself, and compare your technique to what you see in the video. Oh, and stretch everyday! Buy yourself the advanced rubber guard book, too!

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Also, if you feel comfortable with it, talk to your coach. Express your interest in the system; he may be more open minded than you think, and be willing to try this system out, as well.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham / Banbury uk
    I'm in the same boat - I moved away and only get up to 10p Birmingham a few times a month, lucky the guys at my mma gym are down with the system so we constantly drill the warm ups! Just ordered advanced rubber guard and study the hell out of MTS every month

Array

School
    Ronin
    Same boat here. Lucky I've got a drilling bro, mats and a good library of techniques etc on the laptop. We've also planned monthly visits over to the UK (from Ireland) to train at 10th Planet London. http://youtu.be/VTvOfaRsvyw (A vlog we did with Jamie the legend last time).

Also trying to get new people involved and get them in on 10p from the start. And from personal experience, if your coach doesn't support you then there may be a better one out there. If you wearing 10p shorts in a comp is enough to piss him off he might not be too supportive of your future goals and it'll probably come to a head eventually. Hope this helps!

Array

School
    Any where I can!!
    Thanks guys. I'll have to check out the moon in London. I'll have a chat to my coach too. Trouble is he is legitimately the best coach in the area so if he's not keen I don't want to walk away from the club. I'll have to find some 10th planet heads In my area. Is there a listing of people looking for training partners anywhere?

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    At your gym talk mad shit about 10p, that'll throw them off for a while at least :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast