Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield, Mo.

My favorite darce escape

Sean Bollinger asked me to put this up on the forum. This is a darce escape I've been using for a few years and I haven't been caught in a darce since. Try it out and let me know how well it works for you. I made the video short and simple without much detail so if you have any questions on anything I'll be happy to answer them.

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    Can't wait to try this.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ Sisco View Post
    Sean Bollinger asked me to put this up on the forum. This is a darce escape I've been using for a few years and I haven't been caught in a darce since. Try it out and let me know how well it works for you. I made the video short and simple without much detail so if you have any questions on anything I'll be happy to answer them.
    PJ, What if you can't leverage your arm back ie (Step Over To Mount, Shooting Under or Hooking a leg). I like where it ends up. It looks solid as long as you can get that arm out from underneath him, but when you step to mount that becomes a non factor IMO, and when you shoot your hips out to hook a leg.

I'm sure if you haven't been D'arced in a minute its mad legit, I'm just curious to see/hear what you do in those situations.

Array

School
    If the lower leg gets caught you can still use this... But, the top leg and stepping into mount completely kills it! It's key to break the grip before any type of control is made with their legs.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    If the lower leg gets caught you can still use this... But, the top leg and stepping into mount completely kills it! It's key to break the grip before any type of control is made with their legs.
    Gotcha! Thanks for the speedy reply. I like this a lot and A guy used a similar escape on me (Very close to how dean lister survived Babalu's D'Arce in Metamoris). And it was super effective.

Array

School
    10th Planet jiu-jitsu Corona/ AOK
    Bmac got a good escape. Photo time or somthing like that. Work good
    Good Training,
    Jeremy "j.jitzu" Fields
    Black Belt
    Instagram:@jjitzu
    Facebook: Jeremy jiu jitsu Fields
    www.10thplanetjjcor.com

Array

School
    10th Planet jiu-jitsu Corona/ AOK
    And if Sean said post it. Its legit homie!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good Training,
    Jeremy "j.jitzu" Fields
    Black Belt
    Instagram:@jjitzu
    Facebook: Jeremy jiu jitsu Fields
    www.10thplanetjjcor.com

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Awesome!

That makes me think of another question. In general, when attacking a darce or marce, do you prefer to trap the top or bottom leg? On top I prefer the top leg, because it's easier to mount. For the marce I prefer to hook the bottom leg, to stop the shrimp as well as basing out to both knees. The marce (aside from the risk of getting stuck on bottom) seems more secure than the darce to me. Unless the darce is mounted.

Any thoughts on that? So PJ you're saying that this escape will not really work during a marce or a top leg trapped or mounted darce? I'm going to try this tomorrow.

Array

School
    Correct... does NOT work with the top leg caught or mounted. It does work with the bottom leg caught but requires a bit of body contorting to roll your head out. The Marce can be escaped in a similiar manner but once the fall to the side on a marce you have to add a step to create the space required to pull this off. But, many times in my experience people will get the grip eith their arms and feel comfortable to slowly work for control with their legs. This comfort zone is gone with this... if control of my legs and body are not established quickly I am GONE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast