Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hard time keeping the guy down with omo plata

He guys,

I'm not training at a 10th planet Jiu Jitsu school, but I study the techniques here on the website and try them at the MMA gym i'm training.

My weight is not that much, 139 pounds. And as you may know.. most Dutch people are very big. So everytime I roll with those big muscled up guys, these just posture up when I hit the Jiu Claw.

I would love to get some tips

Thankyou!

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon
    Have you tried the Imanari or Failoplata?
    http://youtube/fdOmI5ivpDs

http://youtube/w0JWUu8Tp68

When I get to the seatbelt, not problem than I can do shit. It's that most of the time against big guys, I can't even go to the seatbelt. Than I'm already somewhere in the air lifted up.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    The Omoplata is kinda a weight sensitive technique, If they're out weigh you by a pretty good amount I would probably try a different path like dead orchard or muddy waters. just my opinion. Maybe anticipate the counter and go for the triangle when they sit up?

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Think about controlling their elbow instead of the shoulder. You gotta get out to the leverage point.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    FM1 and FM2 are always there

Array

School
    ABMMA Belchers
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Think about controlling their elbow instead of the shoulder. You gotta get out to the leverage point.
    This. So much this. But, if you having a hard time, try what I always do now. I explained it in the iminari thread. Under hook their far arm with your near side arm. When they sit up, out causes (what I call) riding the back. They may be postured up, but you can still finish. Keep everything right. Squeeze with your thighs and push your hips up and you should get the tap from there. If not, you can either ( in the gi) reach with your free hand and get a lapel choke or if they drop back down, get a far side kimura grip while keeping the omo locked.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchGrappler View Post
    He guys,

Hard time keeping the guy down with omoplata
    Me, too! Keep at it. There's various ways to go about it. I found that Lovato has a way of doing it that gives me the most posture control -- but it takes a while for the initial set-up and the move is telegraphed a mile away. Lucas Lepri, on the other hand, shows a quick way to figure four the arm, but less posture control and sometimes it's a battle. I'll try to find some of their examples online when I get home. Just know that you ain't the only one!

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    When you say that, do you mean it in the same way that Zog teaches to hug the knee?

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    When you say that, do you mean it in the same way that Zog teaches to hug the knee?
    I'm not sure. Can you give me an example?
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast