Thread: New York

New York

I'm 2 years into bjj. I've been developing my guard game lately, picked up Eddie's Advance rubber guard manual last month. Went to an in-house tourney at an affiliate club and was able to get into New York, wasn't free though. I definitely felt more in control, when I went for Chill Dog he slipped out, I jot this up to inexperience. There's no question about it, I plan on developing my rubber guard.

ps. Is there any 10th planet black belts west of Toronto?

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores/Mobile
    Stick with it and it will come over time. Squeeze them knees together and leg curls. Enjoy the journey.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    The aren't a WHOLE lot of 10p black belts outside of Cali. You didn't say exactly where you were, but Louis Ho In Montreal or Chris Herzog in Rochester are probably the closest ones to you based on you using Toronto as a reference point? My geography of that area is not great though.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    I'm 2 years into bjj. I've been developing my guard game lately, picked up Eddie's Advance rubber guard manual last month. Went to an in-house tourney at an affiliate club and was able to get into New York, wasn't free though. I definitely felt more in control, when I went for Chill Dog he slipped out, I jot this up to inexperience. There's no question about it, I plan on developing my rubber guard.

ps. Is there any 10th planet black belts west of Toronto?
    Did you double bag?
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    Curl, clinch, squeeeeeze. It takes a long time and is frustrating to develop at times but a tight rubber guard is a nightmare to defend against. When he tries to pull out of chill dog, the omoplata should be there to attack

Array

School
    ABMMA Belchers
    Quote Originally Posted by hespectnogi View Post
    When he tries to pull out of chill dog, the omoplata should be there to attack
    This. I use this so much to the point it is my main thing from guard. I either A) let you poster and try to break guard and catch the omo/pendulum sweep or B) MC>NY>Chill>Omo. Most times I can actually just go straight to omo from guard pull if they leave their hand on the mat. Boom, its on.