Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield

Denny Prokopos v Eddie Cummings - Gracie Nationals 2015

Fun match! Eddie's comments after the match were pretty cool. he had a lot of good things to say about Denny. Skip to 56:55 check it out.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    When I trained with Eddie and Gary in Jan in Ann Arbor, Eddie was very very cool and surprisingly down with the system. He knew all about the stuff from school to what hotboxes were and moves said he had a ton of respect for us and he loves learning new aspects of the system.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Thanks for posting these.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Denny learned ALOT from this loss and will be back stronger. Eddie is a VERY cool guy, super friendly and respectful. I'm lookin forward to seeing him work that leg lock magic at EBI 3 :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    I know what I'm about to say would complicate things, but there should be some sort of penalty for just sitting. Other sub-only orgs penalize sitting down without properly pulling guard as it doesn't reflect the spirit of true sub-only combat.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    disagree, rather watch someone sit and go right at it then 2 people fight for tie ups and take downs if or guys getting shucked off of attempted guard pulls.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    disagree, I don't have a problem with watching somebody sit, I have the problem with somebody not steppin' up, engaging the guy on the ground, passing and getting the sub, or fail trying. The guy is giving you a gift by giving you top position, take it and go for it!! I won't even watch 4 minutes of standing patty cake hand slappin'. This is purely from a spectator point of view for my personal entertainment purposes.

Agree - sitting down means more time for jiujitsu not wrestling. That's a good thing. It's not meant to be a self defence demo.

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiseop View Post
    I know what I'm about to say would complicate things, but there should be some sort of penalty for just sitting. Other sub-only orgs penalize sitting down without properly pulling guard as it doesn't reflect the spirit of true sub-only combat.
    I agree with this. Takedowns are cool and fun. They manage to score takedowns in NCAA and Olympic wrestling. It's not like it's mission impossible if guys are actually incentivised to train for it. This sitting down stuff is not very cool and shouldn't really be a part of a "combat sport".

Plus, you can always actually pull guard or half-guard (like Eddie did to Royler).

Much respect to these guys like Eddie Cummings for the dedication and crazy mat hours it has taken to elevate this style to such a technical level. But, I was really glad when ADCC started punishing it in the finals, and I would definitely welcome even harsher penalties for it in all tournaments in general.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast