Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    Mostly at home I've been looking at RG. My girlfriend is a pretty good sport and she lets me put her in RG so I can understand how it feels with a human in there, instead of that stupid grappling dummy. She's a good sport about this stuff and I get at least a few reps of MC, zombie, NY, CD, IC, KF, Gogo.. these positions feel amazing and I feel almost no pulling on my hip thanks to years and years of TKD flexibility.
    The fact that you have a girlfriend that cool this early in the game is more than you can say about a lot of dudes starting out. You'll be fine, just stay consistent

Array

School
    Farmington MO/ Ronin
    Careful practicing on your girl man, not just cuz you're bigger than her but because she'll likely get tired of it quick if you overdo it, and i've done that myself. My girlfriend is also super cool and did the same for me when i first started looking into the system but you got to find someone your own size or bigger to practice with. Everyone here knows how addicting jiu jitsu can be but for those who don't practice jiu jitsu, well those people think we're all obsessed with it, and we prolly are. There are so many moves out there and everybody wants to learn as many moves as they can but its best to practice techniques with people who do jiu jitsu because they'll enjoy learning something new and they'll know how react better than someone with no experience. I've tried showing some techniques to my friends and i would put them in RG or lockdown and they would just fall right over. Anyway im just trying to say don't make a habit of it or she may get tired of it without ever really getting to experience it in the first place. If you can, try talking her into joining a class so she can understand what its all about and then you can practice with her all ya want. So far it sounds like you got a cool chick tho so treat her good.

Array

School
    KJJ
    Dude, you've got a keeper there!
    (Trust me, finding a girl who'll be your jits dummy is like finding a chunk of gold in your front yard - it just doesn't happen in every lifetime)

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    You can tap a soft first day of class guy with it maybe once... the rest you will tick off if you just try to extend and grind on them. You have to be carful with this in the gym, because if your instructor is cool enough to let you play 10th planet stuff in the first place at a non 10th planet gym, he may outlaw it if he see's your just stalling and trying to grind on folks and not progress.

As far as triangles, it takes a very technical triangle to choke a small female. The small shoulders (typically, I'm not talking about Gabby Garcia) make it much harder to choke them with their own shoulder if its not perfect. I was probably playing with triangles for over 5 years before I could get a clean choke on a smaller female with them.... The big guys, on the other hand, are easy to triangle once you get it

Array

School
    10th Planet London / Nottingham
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    Lets pretend this video doesn't exist. That is not how you do the lockdown. It's a terrible video This would be a much better video in teaching you how to apply the lockdown

Array

School
    10th planet Ronin Ireland/ Pedro Bessa ballincollig
    i got the biggest guy in our gym in a lockdown the other night and submitted him from it. he let out a yelp. to be honest i was a bit surprised.

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Oli Geddes uses the kneebar from half-guard often at the black belt level, he's very good with it.

Mojoplata

Quote Originally Posted by Enrique "Kiko" View Post

Next time try this and let us know how it goes good sir. And <3 your gf for being such a great sport. I'd reward her with a nice home cooked meal if I were you so she gets something out of it too, assuming you can cook, if not a nice dinner would be nice. Most people wouldn't like to just get put into death moves just for the hell of it, let alone the gentle soft types. Just a suggestion.
    This is gonna help my skinny ass so much

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojoplata View Post
    This is gonna help my skinny ass so much
    I find that the tap from these comes on muuuch quicker and with less energy exertion vs the standard "squeeze the knees and pull head down" finish. Enjoy saving the energy for more rolling! =D

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    It's rare that someone taps from it. . I've maybe gotten 10 taps total and I've been using it 11 years exclusively. It can be painful an depending on the angle it can cause knee damage but it's very rare.
    Yup, I tapped the first time I was in it as well. It sucks, but you'll get used to it and figure out ways to relieve the pressure.

Side Note: VJ did you wash your purple belt so much it turned white

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast