Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Passing the Rubber Guard / MGinAction.com

Array

School
    HQ
    I'll keep this in mind against guys I know that don't double bag.

Also dat west la rashguard; can we still order those?

Array

School
    Precision Jiu Jitsu
    Rash guards are sold out.....I tried ordering one for a buddy for birthday glad I got mine though lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    That's almost exactly what I do to pass Rubber Guard. Obviously, if they Double Bag it presents new problems. But this is really strong positioning and a very effective pass.

My only difference would be that I prefer to reverse the order of the passes. I use his second option as my first option.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    This was great. Shows just how hard it can be to get out of NY even without a double bag.

Demerits to the guy for not engaging the lockdown when MG passes to halfguard.
    Last edited by Craig Murray; 02-15-2015 at 07:15 AM.

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    The "guy" is Mike Broe, a HUGE 10th Planet fan. He's my main training partner at MG and he watches every MTS. Unlike me however, he really studies the information. A friend of mine from the academy took a picture of Mike's notes from a Marcelo class the other day. It looks like this:

Mike makes the same type of notes for the 10th Planet stuff he's working on. He was totally thrilled to be chosen to apply the RG stuff when Marcelo chose to teach that lesson. I know he's a member of this site/forum, but I don't think he really posts here.
    Last edited by Ric; 02-15-2015 at 06:30 AM.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    The "guy" is Mike Broe, a HUGE 10th Planet fan.
    Yeah I was just kidding about the lockdown. MG was demonstrating something. I was trying to be clever. I'll edit my post and inject a smiley.
    Last edited by Craig Murray; 02-15-2015 at 07:15 AM.

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    Yeah I was just kidding about the lockdown. MG was demonstrating something. I was trying to be clever. I'll edit my post and inject a smiley.
    Don't worry, I didn't think for a minute that you were dissing him or anything. It's really hard to convey tone in writing, so its easy for you to think maybe I was offended by what you wrote, or that I was writing in a certain way and all that... but it wasn't the case here. And in fact, it seldom is the case on this board. And while I'm active on Instagram (@johnricard) and Facebook, I think this is the only forum I participate in. It's the only forum where people don't end up in fighting all the time. I wish more forums were like this one.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    I tried this pass after watching and it definitely slows down and impedes someone's RG progress especially if they don't know their RG transitions. I agree with BMac that part 2 is the primary and part 1 is the secondary option.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    It's the only forum where people don't end up in fighting all the time. I wish more forums were like this one.
    What did you say about my momma?!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast