Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Petition for a superfight for Geo Martinez at EBI 3

Okay, so I'm not sure how much time was paid for to Budovideos for putting on the stream, and I know there are dangers with running time when running a sub-only event. That being said, Geo Martinez is blowing up. Keenan Cornelius was asking about him in the live chat, and his ADCC Trials and EBI matches are starting to get some attention in more circles. EBI 3 is probably the most stacked bracket at an EBI so far. I think it would be awesome to have a superfight with Geo Martinez. With Budovideos doing a stream, more people than ever will have their eyes on EBI. I think it's a great opportunity especially with Geo at ADCC this year to really pump him as one of the guys to watch in Jiu Jitsu.

What do you guys think? He won 10th Planet grappler of 2014 right? If it happened, who would be a good opponent? Cobrinha? Jeff Glover rematch? Hopefully if this can't happen then Geo can get on the next Metamoris.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    I'd really like to see him at Metamoris. From what few matches I've seen of him, he's what submission only is all about.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Geo can hang with anyone but we're talking about a natural 145'r going up against dudes who are 170's. I think he'll do fine. However he's not in that weight class.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    Superfight would be cool. Not sure if there is enough time. I think it's cool to wait for Meta 6 or EBI4. Geo ain't going no where and we're not gonna let anyone pass him over.

Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    Geo can hang with anyone but we're talking about a natural 145'r going up against dudes who are 170's. I think he'll do fine. However he's not in that weight class.
    I'm sorry I should've been more clear. I don't think he should go up against anybody that's 170. I just mean a super fight at his natural weight to show as mayb the co main alongside the 170 bracket finals match.
    Last edited by Mike Nall; 02-19-2015 at 08:46 AM.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Probably too late for this, but it would be awesome. I love watching Geo roll. One of the most exciting guys out there. The dye on his blackbelt isn't even dry yet, and he's putting on some serious demonstrations. Undefeated in 2014 I believe? His first year wearing black.

Watch the fuck out for this guy. As he gets more competition experience he's going to be the guy no one wants to fight. Good luck finding someone to roll with that emulates his balance and coordination.
    Last edited by Craig Murray; 02-19-2015 at 09:00 AM.

Array

School
    Kombat Sports/10th Planet Yuma and San Diego (when in the area)
    I would love to see Geo and Gui Mendez. If I am correct Gui is 145 or so and that would be an awesome match.

Array

School
    10th Planet Austin
    I'd petition to see Geo compete ANYWHERE! Got my vote
    http://www.phalanxfc.com[/url]
    submissionchallenge.com/
    Savage Essentials Homemade Soaps

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    I'd like to see him rematch my teammate Jerry Shapiro. Their last match was super close

Quote Originally Posted by TThompson View Post
    I would love to see Geo and Gui Mendez. If I am correct Gui is 145 or so and that would be an awesome match.
    I'd also like to see that. yeah man Gui ad Rafa are basically the same size, but Gui cuts down one more weight class. Gui just doesn't really like competing in no-gi which kinda sucks because that would be a fun match.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast