Trying to break in Dummy's hips...

Array

School
    Ronin
    Looks like a frisky Everest bag....

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    XD hahaha..I was slightly confused when I first saw this. Maybe she needs some butterfly stretches.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    XD hahaha..I was slightly confused when I first saw this. Maybe she needs some butterfly stretches.
    Yeah that's exactly right. Dummy is a Submission Master, and those things are TIGHT! When I first got him I literally could not get into his guard. So I've got him doing butterfly stretches to open him up.

I had my g/f sit on his back while I pried his legs apart by putting both feet on one leg, clinching the other leg with my arms, and prying it open while all her weight was on it. After I got the legs open we replaced my g/f with that Everlast bag and left him there for the night.

In the morning I awoke to find him STILL tight as hell! But much better than when we started.

The big difference between the Submission Master and the other grappling dummies I was looking at is that the other ones allow you to drill positions, but they do not offer any resistance. Submission Master offers serious resistance in a lot of different positions.

He's big, heavy, and stiff as hell. I play really really rough with him. He doesn't seem to mind, he's a soldier.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin
    I have the submission master also. I hope you bought him from pro boxing equipment. The guy advertising the dummy charges 200$ more than pro boxing equipment. He's the middle man. Pro boxing equipment manufacturers them and the submission master guy buys em and sells em to the public for 200 more. I like that the knees stay pinched it allows reps for the no hand pass, knee slice pass, and the capoeira pass. I pulled stuffing out of his shoulders so I can work rubber guard easier.
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Trez "Rat" Reyna View Post
    I have the submission master also. I hope you bought him from pro boxing equipment. The guy advertising the dummy charges 200$ more than pro boxing equipment. He's the middle man. Pro boxing equipment manufacturers them and the submission master guy buys em and sells em to the public for 200 more. I like that the knees stay pinched it allows reps for the no hand pass, knee slice pass, and the capoeira pass. I pulled stuffing out of his shoulders so I can work rubber guard easier.
    I probably overpaid. I got mine from SMART athletics.

Array

School
    Team AMMA
    I enjoyed that photo
    www.twitter.com/totalpac

www.totalpackagepromotions.net
    Don't stop dreaming just cause you wake

I made the mistake of buying a used one. Mines had the exact opposite problem. From the legs to the arms, everything was so floppy. I should have just spent the extra couple of hundred and bought it new :/

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by June R View Post
    I made the mistake of buying a used one. Mines had the exact opposite problem. From the legs to the arms, everything was so floppy. I should have just spent the extra couple of hundred and bought it new :/
    I suspect they removed stuffing in yours. Based on mine, even fully broken in the legs would be nowhere near floppy.