Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Awesome stuff.

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    In fact, I think it's actually pretty nice that it's becoming popular/common enough that they can just say "Rubber Guard" on FOX without a big long explanation.
    I agree and think it's amazing how mainstream it's finally becoming. To get to the point to where you don't have to go into explanation is huge! Everyone now knows that the rubber guard is 10P and immediately associates it as such.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    I don't think you need to scream Eddie's name every time someone uses Rubber Guard. I mean, it's nice to get your propers and it strokes the ego, but it's not a slight.

In fact, I think it's actually pretty nice that it's becoming popular/common enough that they can just say "Rubber Guard" on FOX without a big long explanation.

Don't be so easily offended, fellas.
    well put

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    To follow up on the additional compliments to the rubber guard, even Renner stated that while in rubber guard that "his arms were essential rendered useless in terms of striking and what he could do to Saunders"...holy fucking shit was that an amazing compliment to the rubber guard! Not only recognizing it's effectiveness in Jiu Jitsu, but in MMA as well is huge; which is what Eddie designed this technique for...so for me, that was my nut right there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12