Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores

AlphaBrain. Who takes it? Feedback pls.

So one of the guys at the gym started taking alphabrain a week ago. He said he likes it so far and doesn't feel as foggy as before. I would like some feedback.

Do you sleep better or feel more well rested? How much better is your focus? Do you experience the lucid dreaming? Do you take it in the morning or at night or both? Also, how many do you take every day? As an athlete, do you feel a difference with your performance as well as with your learning ability in your Jiu Jitsu?

I'm looking to improve all around, as an athlete, martial artist, competitor, wife, etc. I work two jobs and help run two businesses. I train five nights a week, work out 3, teach kids class, and am about to take on a women's class too. I would like to know if this is for me.
    Last edited by Tori Applegate; 03-27-2015 at 08:59 AM.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    The biggest things about alpha brain are the choline and tyrosene, which are neurotransmitters. I personally take a LOT of choline every day. Like 1000-3000 mg. I buy bulk choline bitartate since it's cheaper. Some argue that it's more bio available in the cdp form which is in alpha brain. However, it's readily bioavailable either way.

Taking it as soon as I wake up helps me think incredibly clearly and very efficiently. Taking it before training has very evident effects on my performance quality, as choline is used by the CNS to communicate and cause muscular contractions.
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    There's a lot more to choline as well. I won't bore you with those other details right now though.

Array

School
    10th Planet ronin
    I've taken it since late last November, and I have to say I'm surprised how good it is and the effect its had on me

I started taking it with 'NewMood' as a test to try and cut out energy drink with supplements. in the mornings after breakfast and again before I would sleep (purely to see if the lucid dreams would occur) for the first two weeks, and I have to say even that early on I could definitely tell the difference. I was slightly worried at first it might just be an placebo effect kind of thing for the first month, I would still take it in the mornings but cut out the capsules in the evening once I was taking x4 daily for BJJ and taekwondo.

The first time I really knew it had an effect on me is when I ran out this February. I ordered it 30 capsules at a time and ran out a few days before a competition weekend, totally stuffed how I felt. Going from taking it every time I rolled and kicked to then going without it for a weekend of sports and two days of work just left me feeling foggy.

For me, it seems to not only effect my sharpness when doing more technical workouts and sparring but it really helps with my concentration, massively. Like I said, I take this religiously before sparring and rolling, but I do mix it with the ONNIT new mood during my work week, weather that helps extenuate the nootropic I don't know, but I can say that I am 100% aware of the positive boost it gives me. So much so that even typing this out at work right now, I have a pot of it on my desk.

You seem like a real busy person from the things you've listed that you'd like to try and improve on, and to do all those things, your work, your jiu jitsu, business development and teaching children, I would 100% recommend you give Alpha Brain a try.

The results aren't immediate, I would say you will need to make sure you take it regularly for a two week period before making a judgement, but also go cold turkey from it for a few days after the initial period of using so you can gauge for yourself if you can tell the difference. The guys at your gym probably described it best after a week, it feels like you have cleaned the windshield on your car and you can see clearly again.

Good luck, I'm sure it can help you

Rogan just had Aubrey Marcus on and they had just finished the Alpha Brain clinical trials. I guess their findings were really good and were the only zupplement in a long time (compared to commonly tested supplements) to show a real effect. I think there on to something with the Alpha brain wave science and trying to figure out how to induce it. I can remember some nights in high school and college basketball where I was in a completely different mindset, where the whole game I could score with ease and it was almost like I had activated a part of my brain that I never used. I think the best athletes have that strong alpha brain wave side. So I could relate to what Aubrey was trying to explain. I ordered some haven't recieved it yet but I will let you know what my experience is like.

Array

School
    Trials MMA
    I tried a few years ago, shroom tech sport as well. I gotta say though I didn't really notice a difference in either. I took them religiously before class but I don't feel it made a difference. No weird dreams either (sad face). I also tried 5-htp for a long time (not new mood) and I don't feel like I got anything from that either. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its all bullshit as I'm sure it has a profound effect on some people, I just didn't get much from it, although I would be willing to try them again. It seems the only life/performance enchancer for me is a good sativa

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    If I take any kind of choline supp in the afternoon I can never sleep. I've tried alpha brain and I couldn't feel any benefit personally.

I've been taking Alpha Brain for about a year now. As a business owner, it helps keep me sharp and make smart, quick decisions. For jiu jitsu, it does exactly the same thing. It really helps in retaining moves that I learn in class and in live rolling it I feel like I think clearer and can much faster, thinking several steps ahead. I say if you've never tried it before, give it a shot! The proof is in the pudding. If it doesn't work out for you, at least you know first-hand. Best of luck!

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    lets try it out!

Array

School
    Honestly, if you're not feeling anything, you probably aren't taking enough. However:

Alpha brain has Huperzine A which inhibits the breakdown of choline making it build up. However, this can be dangerous as the breakdown of choline is required for proper central nervous system communication (the human body practically runs on choline) and if neuromuscular junctions become clogged with excess choline, paralysis and death will transpire. This is what chemical warfare nerve agents do (oximes); they block cholinesterase from breaking down choline, thus clogging the neuromuscular junctions, leading to paralysis and death. Therefore there is a limit to the amount of Alpha Brain one should be able to take, as the Huperzine A blocks the cholinesterase.

Straight up choline, on the other hand, is incredibly safe. Since no cholinesterase is being blocked, you can overload your body full of choline to its daily upper limits of 4,000 mg. This has really had very incredible effects on my brain function and athletic performance.

Edit: this is not to say alpha brain is bad, as it does have really good stuff in it. Tyrosine and choline stacked are tremendous, and the Huperzine A is also helpful if taken in the proper manner (I've done some reading of literature on it). I'm just saying that anything with cholinesterase inhibitors should be taken with care.
    Last edited by Ross Davidson; 03-27-2015 at 11:15 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast