Array

School
    Renzo Gracie Portland

One-handed entries to Meat Hook/Dead Orchard from Rubber Guard?

Hello, I've been experimenting with variations of meathook such as the Asylum sweep, triangle set up, etc...I am a right arm amputee and have a strong rubber guard lockdown, however during transitions to meathook or Dead Orchard I often lose positional control and they escape.

One sequence I've looked at is: Rubber guard (left arm), left leg comes on top to "crackhead" control. From here all three limbs are in use so I kinda "pump" to get to an edge and then quickly slip the arm out and throw it over for meathook. This transition usually works but that moment when the arm pops out is when they escape, is there a way to secure this transition?

Also for the Dead Orchard, I've found it difficult to "compel" my opponents to feed me this with all three limbs in use. Sometimes I pull it off but it's usually by a fluke jumping high from closed guard. Are there ways to reach this with pumping or something?

Thanks!

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    How much function of your right arm do you have? I think it's possible you could make some things work.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Renzo Gracie Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    How much function of your right arm do you have? I think it's possible you could make some things work.
    None whatsoever, the amputation was above the shoulder

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    When you are playing the Meathook, you really need that right hand to be able to stop the pass. If you do figure some stuff out you should post it. I bet there is some really beautiful Jiu Jitsu in there that we can't see because we are stuck in a box.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site