Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu South Cooast

Lucas Leite's Halfguard vs. The Lockdown

On one MTS Eddie spoke about how he thought Lucas Leite would do very well in MMA due to his clinch based half guard, with and without the Gi. I started looking into his game and wanted to see what yall (who I assume are avid lockdown players like myself) think of his approach. He seems to play quarter guard with his outside knee torquing uke's back, which seems very uncomfortable. Does anybody prefer this style to the lockdown? Why or why not? To me it seems a bit more mobile, I'm going to start playing with it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRH8GX6qgmw

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Lucas got a SOLID half guard game
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu South Cooast
    Eddie you've always been known to talk about the differences between Rubber guard and a traditional guard, but what about half guard. Do you think it is absolutely vital to use the Lockdown, or are there some advantages to a traditional half guard?

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mayall View Post
    Eddie you've always been known to talk about the differences between Rubber guard and a traditional guard, but what about half guard. Do you think it is absolutely vital to use the Lockdown, or are there some advantages to a traditional half guard?
    The electric chair, apollo, vaporizer, von flu, mechanic, all don't exist without the lockdown and neither does anything reverse lockdown, including the 5-0 and the inside and outside heel hooks from reverse lockdown. IMO the lockdown is FAR superior to trad half.
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    When My opponent does traditional half I see one of 2 things
    1. Pass
    2. Kneebar
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    10th planet Barranquilla
    great video. crazy back take.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    I like his extra little hip out that creates that angle. He's really good about not getting put flat on his back. I'm noticing more and more that this principle is what separates the boys from the pre-teens and the teens from the men.