Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec

Defending against the Rubber Guard - Ground and Pound Mastery - Coach Firas Zahabi

What do u guys think?

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    Everything has a counter, all part of the evolution of the system and martial arts in general. I wouldn't panic yet.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Nice little break down, but let's see him just stack out of Orchard or Bollingers rubber guard
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Nice little break down, but let's see him just stack out of Orchard or Bollingers rubber guard
    But again like herb said ^
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

It is similar to how I defend, I don't go ear to ear though. I have a massive head I use it by driving into the neck and chin. It works pretty well for me.

Array

School
    Moonhead 10th Planet Bergen
    It's all a matter of having the flexibility down and having correct arm position though!? In both the MMA example and the instructional the arm frame against the collarbone/neck is not there, so of course it's "easy" to stack and slide through..

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Frode Nilsen View Post
    It's all a matter of having the flexibility down and having correct arm position though!? In both the MMA example and the instructional the arm frame against the collarbone/neck is not there, so of course it's "easy" to stack and slide through..
    Adding to that. firas offers ample opportunity for a zombie. While it is not always correct to go fast through the RG path, you need to be able to react quickly and appropriately. While he is trying to stack you, you should be making angles and trapping his arm by either zombieing or grabbing a free new york. once the frame is strong it is a lot harder to stack and a lot less effective.

On the side of the stacker. head position when going ear to ear is important. If you put your head on the far side of the zombied arm it is a lot easier to get the correct angle to move into kung fu moves and gogo omo and so on. if you put your ehad on the zombie side then you cut the space possible for the zombie as well as the space for the chill dog arm and you make it harder for the opponent to move on with their RG

in saying that, the RG player can then switch sides and possibly set you up even better. This is why I agree with kevin that pressuring in the middle works better.

Keep arms safe from zombies, and put head in middle

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Every guard can be dealt with. This is a quality reaction to the rubber guard. There are also quality reactions to this reaction. And so forth.

I'm a fan of Firas.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Moonhead 10th Planet Bergen
    Yes.. just pointing out that the "stack slide through" thing becomes a bit harder if the mission arm is framing against the collarbone/neck. The guys in the video has the arm nearly extended, which again has to do with poor flexibility. Am i wrong? Other than that i totally agree, every guard can be dealt with like you say.

Btw. loved your Metamoris tune, Brandon! Peace from Norway!

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Frode Nilsen View Post
    Yes.. just pointing out that the "stack slide through" thing becomes a bit harder if the mission arm is framing against the collarbone/neck. The guys in the video has the arm nearly extended, which again has to do with poor flexibility. Am i wrong? Other than that i totally agree, every guard can be dealt with like you say.

Btw. loved your Metamoris tune, Brandon! Peace from Norway!
    I agree. There are things you can do to prevent him from stacking effectively. There are also hinga he can do to keep you from playing rubber guard effectively.

I'm just glad our 10th Planet community has started to move beyond the argumentative rhetoric we sometimes have been guity of falling into.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast