Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    S.A.S Martial Arts

Twister roll and truck variation

Handsfree truck with multiple finishes, please watch and share if you like, thanks.

https://youtu.be/fhFEySLFTyM

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    interesting, will play with it tonight. Can't see a huge benefit right now, but interesting. Might want to redo the video with your butt off the mat in twister side before Zog sees that! LOL

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    I like how bound up the dude's legs are. But I have one question.

When you execute the Humvee, do people try to catch you riding dirty? If so, is there a counter?

....please don't choke me...

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I would have to play with it to get a good feel for it. I really like the leg control it offers in the end result. But I try to see things like this from the resisting opponent's perspective to see how it would work for me.

I don't like the entry of hooking the bottom leg. I see too many risks. For example, as you reach for the foot to pull it up, you open a window for the opponent to lockdown your leg which kills the advantage of your hook and presents it's own problems. They could also reverse kneebar with the proper angle. I also see a possible ecape into deep half.

If you can get away with it, I like it a lot. I think there may be a way to force it with less risk. But just the entry itself as you demonstrated makes me feel like it's risky.

Array

School
    10th Planet Cookeville TN - Upper Cumberland MMA
    Pretty cool options.

The first concept: sticking the bottom leg in...Michael Bartlett actually uses that to set up the honey hole/saddle/411. Nice to see another option from here.

The second concept: Grabbing that leg if they try to trap your bottom leg (from concept 1), this seems to be a modified version of the hog tie. I like this, because I use the hog tie regularly. Maybe I can incorporate this concept while working the hog tie...to make it more secure (or at least have another option).

The 3rd concept: After the roll, sticking your outside leg through...the kamikaze calf crank position. I've been playing around with some twister set-ups similar to this. Truth is (in my estimation at least), the tap is there just from the kamikaze. I only wanted to use it to set up the twister because I'm a dick and sometimes I just want the twister, and your opponent is in such discomfort from the kamikaze that he should sort of allow you to manipulate his body however you want while setting up the twister (if they don't tap to the calf crank in the process).

For what it's worth, I like it. I'm gonna play with it and see how it works. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Array

School
    S.A.S Martial Arts
    Haha joshua, ive never been confronted with that problem, my guess would be hold your breath and flow with the go haha

Hey guys, appreciate the feedback, just have a play and see what works and probably doesnt work, i havent been working on it all that long, i just thought i would put it out to see what people thought, coz it works for me. i will put another video up soon of a different entry point. I dont train at a 10th planet gym so im not sure of some of the names you refer to, sorry. Please let me know if you discover any improvements, thanks guys.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Badass. But as soon as a good twister flipper feels your knee off the ground you're vulnerable.

Against flippers keeping the knee glued to the ground is crucial. Have you addressed this?

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Awesome I love the Humvee, does this mark the beginning of a move toward an official 10th Planet Manchester?

Also did you just mat the inside of a skip?

Array

School
    ronin
    nice!! i like it.

Array

School
    S.A.S Martial Arts
    Hey bobby, thanks for the question, this is just my first attempt of actually "setting" this move up, so im still trying to perfect it so any issues you find i will try to figure out. I originally found the roll and humvee from when my student did a certain mount escape and then tried to track it back and figure an actual set up. Im certain you guys will figure out all the fine tuning before i do if you play about with it. I just know that if u do get to the humvee then its pretty much over coz the crush is solid, and because of the way both legs are trapped, the twister feels extra tight.

Hey chris, yes it does look like the inside of a skip haha, its my garage haha. I dont know about 10th planet manchester, i only teach a few private students at my house, so its just me and my mate coming up with this stuff, im gona be putting a load more "new" stuff on here that ive been working on soon.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast