Can somebody tell me what the main goal of the rubber guard system is?

So I have been drilling a lot of 10th planet rubber guard moves recently with a friend since my gym/no gyms in my area are 10th planet. I got hung up on learning so many techniques that I get confused what my main goal is when sparring. When do I want to use all the various armbars/crocs, only when I can't advance position? Should my main goal always be to go to the invisible collar and to only use the other submissions like the pump armbar from crack head and stuff when I cannot advance to the invisible collar? Thanks and sorry for a noob question.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Rule number one: break their posture.
    Rule number two: keep their posture broken.
    Rule number three: go on offense from there aka play rubber guard.

That was the 1 cent version. For the thousand dollar version, I recommend Advanced Rubber Guard. The book costs way less than a thousand dollars, fortunately.

http://www.10thplanetjj.com/shop/adv...er-guard-book/

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    For MMA I am safe from strikes with rubber guard.

Array

School
    Team AMMA
    Take the first available submission and finish it
    www.twitter.com/totalpac

www.totalpackagepromotions.net
    Don't stop dreaming just cause you wake

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Rubber guard is a hallway and it starts with breaking posture and ends in omoplata sweep. There are many doors along this hall and as you walk by them you should check to see if they're open or if your opponent left some open. Jump through any door that was left or can be forced open as you're strolling on down the hall knowing the omo sweep is at least waiting for you at the end of the hall. Finishing the omo itself is a door right before the end.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin
    This!!!!!^^^^^^^

My peronal goal using rubberguard (after posture is controlled) is 3 different things. Trap a hand, Trap a shoulder, Clear the neck.
    If I cant trap a hand try and trap and shoulder. Check all doors in the hallway.
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    I really like that description Bobby.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Wow, that was just what I was looking for thanks. But I am still at a bit of a dilemma because some people say to check the doors along the way while others say only to check the door when you can't move any further down the hall way. I think I am going to go with the latter for now since I am still a beginner in the system.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Jiu Jitsu is dynamic and there is no cookie cutter answer for the questions you have. The path is just the basic rubber guard path, but your options will present themselves (or not) differently every time you roll with someone.

So really it just comes down to time on the mats, applying the techniques, going for the options you see when you see them, and recovering/continuing/restarting the Rubber Guard path till the next opportunity for the sub presents itself.

That's why Master Eddie goes into such detail in his books and videos (which you should buy) about all the options just to get the hand to the mat, for example, because Jiu Jitsu is so dynamic and you can't always just follow the path without interruption. People catch onto you and start to make it harder for you to work your game.

Keep rolling!!

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram