Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Oviedo 10th Planet Atlantic Beach
    For some crazy reason the Estema Lock or Sock Lock is legal in ibjjf even at white belt. I feel that is the most dangerous lock because of the crazy amount of pressure that can be put on the ankle and foot. You have no time to tap most times.

Array

School
    KHK MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Baldwin View Post
    I was a Referee for the IBJJF a while back. The reaping rule has changed slightly since I last reffed to be a bit more forgiving.

Concerning footlocks they had a rule that you cannot be facing the opposite leg when trying to finish or you would have been dq'd. I'm wondering if that is still the case or are they more educated now.
    Yep, I confirmed that it is still the same thing, you must be facing outside or direct to the opponent, you cannot face the other leg. Wondering how this can be controlled in a scramble situation etc.

Array

School
    Rebellion Academy of Martial Arts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinculp View Post
    For some crazy reason the Estema Lock or Sock Lock is legal in ibjjf even at white belt. I feel that is the most dangerous lock because of the crazy amount of pressure that can be put on the ankle and foot. You have no time to tap most times.
    I would say the Estima Lock falls under the Toe Hold category... But it looks like a straight footlock attack so it's "okay" for white belt.

Array

School
    Alliance HQ - Atlanta, GA
    I don't think the leg lock you reference in the video is legal because he is turning towards the other leg. For the straight ankle lock to be legal in IBJJF, I believe you have to turn away from the other leg.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234