Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    cobra kai

fighting the nearside underhook while in lockdown.

The nearside lockdown creates a lot of problems for someone playing the lockdown. How do you guys counter that?

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Make a quick video and put it on here, not sure exactly what you're talking about
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    You mean if they have had and arm and you have lockdown?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I know what he's talking about. This is one of my new favorite ways to pass. I don't have an entire series put together on this yet, but it's a very powerful pass.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Quote Originally Posted by ml82 View Post
    The nearside lockdown creates a lot of problems for someone playing the lockdown. How do you guys counter that?
    If I understand this correctly, you lost the near side underhook playing top-half. One option would be to counter with twister side, but if you want to get the dominator setup again, you almost have to go chopping block first to reset, then use your outside instep to staple their nearside thigh, and then backout your arm, leading with your elbow. Move this backed-out hand under to cup the nearside shoulder, then set up your head position again to get back to that dominator position.

This is just one option, but there are a bunch more.

Array

School
    cobra kai
    sorry, let me be a little more specific. if i'm playing lockdown, locking down my opponent's right leg (same side eddie uses in mastering the rubber guard dvd), the battle for underhooks usually takes place on your left side/opponent's right side. but when the opponent underhooks YOUR right side, the lockdown gets neutralized. jaws of life isn't as effective.

shawn williams shows this pass, although in the video, it's not against the lockdown, it still is very effective. brandon, is this the pass you're talking about?

skip to the one minute mark:

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    At Reilly body combs leglock training camp in new orleans, The owner of Inverted Gear Nelson was big on this as his preferred way to deal with the lockdown and briefly showed some of it with Brian Debes and I... It sempt pretty solid...

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Stomp ----> right side overhook ----> butterfly sweep right

Very high percentage. I call it the Demoralizer, since it's a good counter to the Dominator pass, if done fast enough, which is a pass that uses the near side underhook.
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    10th Planet London / Nottingham
    Isn't the C.O.P sweep made to counter this?

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by ml82 View Post
    sorry, let me be a little more specific. if i'm playing lockdown, locking down my opponent's right leg (same side eddie uses in mastering the rubber guard dvd), the battle for underhooks usually takes place on your left side/opponent's right side. but when the opponent underhooks YOUR right side, the lockdown gets neutralized. jaws of life isn't as effective.

shawn williams shows this pass, although in the video, it's not against the lockdown, it still is very effective. brandon, is this the pass you're talking about?

skip to the one minute mark:

Yes, this is exactly the style of pass I'm referring to. I'm having a lot of success with it in the last few months. If I could see somebody else's system it would probably help shortcut the R&D stage for me.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast