Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Fairfield
    Arman, what type of Nogi guard game did Ryron play? He's going to be on his back from guard, half, and side (and mounted) and I just think Barnett is gonna crush him. If there was money involved, I'd bet the match will finish around the 7 minute mark with Barnett tapping Ryron from side control.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Ryron played an xguard heavy game. His length helps him a fair amount, given he's 6'4''. I predict that his mentality will be survival for the first half then look to attack later. It's pretty much his m.o., that style. It's not rocket science. He might even let Barnett pass his guard a la Galvao. He didn't fight to keep Galvao in his guard. People thought that it was Galvao absolutely positively dominating him like that but he really wasn't fighting hard to keep him in his guard, at least early on. Galvao couldn't really get anything going beyond the pass tho. I can't predict the outcome, so I don't know. I will say that there is definitely not enough tape on Ryron for anyone to make a valid prediction either. I'm just speculating on the few rolls we've had and the amount of mat time he has literally from the day he was born. I just think it's short-sighted to say that Barnett will steamroll him given that his whole life has been jiu jitsu. If anything, he'll take it to a draw. Or who knows, he'll get smoked. But we'll see. It's not like I condone or support how Ralek conducts business by any stretch of the imagination. But I know what I felt and, I mean, Ryron doesn't suck. That's all I was trying to say. Should be interesting.
    Last edited by Arman Fathi; 05-07-2015 at 08:18 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    I would be very impressed if Ryron pulls this off. But I'm predicting that Barnet is really going to mess him up. Like bad. Like bloody nose, busted lip, black eye. I think Ryron is going to get ripped so bad that he's going to resent Ralek for setting up the match.

I can only imagine what the cult of Gracie will have to say after this match.

However, I will say that if we don't see Barnett tearing into Ryron with knees on the face, forearms in the eyesocket, forearms raking under the nose and all that other nasty catch stuff, then the Gracies probably requested special rules. I'll be very disappointed if Barnett doesn't go full blown catch on Ryron.
    I have to agree with all of this.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Nothing scarier than a playful Josh Barnett fighting in his underwear...a g in a g string
    Last edited by Arman Fathi; 05-07-2015 at 09:06 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Arman Fathi View Post
    Nothing scarier than a playful Josh Barnett fighting in his underwear...a g in a g string
    LOLOLOL Arman and Zog win the interwebs today

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Lmfaoooooo

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    70lb difference though, I just dunno

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I just wish it was Ralek.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Well, Ryron is completely doomed.

Im sure they'll praise him for surviving however long he is able to and being true to Gracie Jiu Jitsu or some shit in the breakdown.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast