Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin

Worst skin infection?

Hi. I've been unable to grapple for half a year now due to Super scabies. (Norwegian/Crusted scabies+Permethrin resistant)
    At the worst I had thousands of scabies all over my body, including in my ears and sinuses. (And no, I do not have bad hygiene. If anything lack of oily skin suits them fine)

It's one of the three worst things I've ever experienced. They took my jaarb.. Haven't had sex or a hug for half a year. Like Chinese water torture, but it hurts way more, and it's 24/7.

After sleeping 2.5 hours every second night for one month they finally admitted me to hospital when I was getting suicidal. I now can have two hour long conversations with biologists about Arthropods in general.

The hospital didn't cure me at all. What finally made me better was gasoline and oil, clove oil, and what really made me better was wearing tar all over my body for three days straight. Which is absolute murder.. Tar is NOT healthy for the skin, believe me.
    Next up is probably skin cancer.

But I might be able to go back to training soon. *Praise dog*

Anyway... I'm almost cured now. Share your absolute worst horror stories here if you feel like it! :3

Oh, and Eddie; (If you see this and have the time) What was your worst skin infection? '-'
    Last edited by Joachim Hoff; 05-18-2015 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Must ask the mastah

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    I'm going to spend the rest of today figuring out how to pretend I never read this.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    Hahahha! :'D
    Sharing is caring. :3 I didn't get it in the gym tho..

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    My son had impetigo this year during wrestling. Kept him out a few weeks but looked like the skin is melting off your flesh (it was all over his face) . Nasty disease.

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    I've had that four or five times. It seems the body develops some degree of resistance to it over time.
    Used Bacimycin on it. That led to another horror story, but it's maybe too nasty to post. (Kids here)
    Lets just say my girlfriend got a throat infection. She was a singer. Had a very deep raspy voice for a while. '-'

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Wow....just wow

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    This is a useful resource to know about before jumping into a big tournament or camp. Everyone should read it to know when to decline a roll with someone who is having an obvious condition, or when they should see a Doctor, or when they should stay home.

http://mshsl.org/mshsl/sports/skin/S...ctions2007.pdf

I think Herpes Gladitorium is probably one of the nastiest infections. I have heard of stories of wrestlers getting cold sores all over their face and bodies including in their eyes. There was that guy who had too leave the TUF show early because of it once. In my opinion the UFC missed an opportunity to educate people about these risks of the game and what is involved in preventing it.

Statistics say that at least 1 in 4 people carry HSV-1 in the general population so it is no doubt higher in this sport.

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    I've heard 30% are immune. Just carriers. (If they have been infected earlier in their life)
    I find it funny that they named it Gladitorum. :'}

Edit: Nothing about parasites in that link. Viral and bacterial infections seem like childs-play after you've had resistant parasites. Being eaten alive is quite a ride. :'D The kind I've got is very rarely, but still potentially; Deadly.
    There's reports of people in prison dying from this. (I won't, there's hospitals and stuff) The sheer number of punctured points in the skin drastically increases the possibility of eventually catching streptococcus A.

John-Olav Einemo lost part of his calf to that.
    Last edited by Joachim Hoff; 05-18-2015 at 09:35 AM.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Fucksake dude..

Get better homie.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Best wishes buddy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast