Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Clay Guida MMA Stop

Planning a trip to California to check out EBI 4 and more

My 9 year son and I are planning a trip to California to check out EBI 4. We also wanted to check out a few gyms and maybe see if he can drop in on a class or two. 10th planet headquarters and San Diego are a must, he's a big fan of Eddie, Geo, and Boogeyman. I know there's a lot of other gyms around the area West LA, Van Nuys, Burbank etc... Any advise on which gyms to check out?

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Oviedo 10th Planet Atlantic Beach
    My Personal favorite is 10th Planet Corona. Great guys! Jeremy is very friendly and a great instructor....and you never know who you might see there.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by xdrkmanx51 View Post
    My 9 year son and I are planning a trip to California to check out EBI 4. We also wanted to check out a few gyms and maybe see if he can drop in on a class or two. 10th planet headquarters and San Diego are a must, he's a big fan of Eddie, Geo, and Boogeyman. I know there's a lot of other gyms around the area West LA, Van Nuys, Burbank etc... Any advise on which gyms to check out?
    Man there are a ton of options. You wont regret picking any of them. Is there a specific area of your game that you are wanting to expand on?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Clay Guida MMA Stop
    Thanks for the replies. I don't train at all, it's all for him. Between YouTube, MTS, and the few things his coach has taught him. He knows enough of the system to piss the other kids off while rolling. Just really looking for basics by someone who trains under the system. Started following 10th planet Corona on Facebook. I'll make sure to message them about dropping in while out there. Would this someone I might see there have skin like egyptian cinnamon?

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek, CA
    Don't forget us folks in Northern California! We got SF, wine country, Lake Tahoe and 3 excellent schools (Walnut Creek, SF and San Mateo). I train in Walnut Creek and Alex Canders is great with kids. My son trained under Alex for several years and really enjoyed it.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    Can't go wrong with Einsteins. I went by his place a few years ago while on a trip to hq

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Of course your son can always come to HQ and train with Cora, Grace, and Derek. Not sure how big he is tho.

Array

School
    Clay Guida MMA Stop
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayamilne View Post
    Don't forget us folks in Northern California! We got SF, wine country, Lake Tahoe and 3 excellent schools (Walnut Creek, SF and San Mateo). I train in Walnut Creek and Alex Canders is great with kids. My son trained under Alex for several years and really enjoyed it.
    Would love to be able to make it that far north, but with our limited time I think the drive might be too far.

Array

School
    Clay Guida MMA Stop
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    Of course your son can always come to HQ and train with Cora, Grace, and Derek. Not sure how big he is tho.
    Son just turned 9yrs old last week, weights about 68 pounds. He would love to be able to get the chance to roll with them. I don't see a class schedule listed on HQ's site. Does anyone know it Couple other questions I had are....
    Would we have a better chance of running into Eddie, Geo, ect at the gyms before or after EBI? And can anyone recommend any good/cheap places to stay in L.A. or the surrounding areas?

Thanks again.

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    I've visited LA for all 3 EBIs so far, its the best day of jiu jitsu you can find. It is a good time to be at HQ it seems, when people begin to get in before the event. It will be a little different this time, I think I heard Eddie say it was on Sat as opposed to Sun. Any time at HQ is awesome, but Geo, Kevin Berbrich and the rest of Oceanside crew have been going up there Tuesday nights I believe. Also, you must go to The Darkside.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast