Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Ruben Alvarez exposes fake BJJ Black Belt

Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Interesting read, Keith Owen on fake Black Belts:

http://www.bjjee.com/articles/keith-...pulsive-liars/
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Apparently Cyborg didn't like the way it was handled.

http://http://www.bjjscandinavia.com...the-situation/

Array

School
    Lookin'
    My only problem with the video is that's vertical.

Seriously though, in the 2 years I've been perusing this forum, I've seen several fake BB's ousted. What I've learned through all this is this: JJ, and martial arts for that matter, is all about integrity, and of course diligence, respect, etc., but integrity stands out the most...and that's bitchin'!

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I've stayed out of the debate for the most part. I don't feel like I'm in position to even have an opinion on this. I haven't put in the years to get a black belt. I don't own a school.

I appreciate everyone's opinion on the matter. From what I've read it's really a matter of personal preference on how each guy would handle it. Cyborg is a pretty religious guy so he's more geared toward being merciful. Others take it almost like a personal insult. I don't see either one as wrong because each person has the right to feel how they feel.

Mojoplata

Quote Originally Posted by JHouse View Post
    lol

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do

Ruben gave a separate interview later on outlying what went on the weeks prior, and finally the class and moments before the video was taken.

Personally I can see the perspective from both sides. Being that Ruben trains with Cyborg (from what I'm given to understand) he's in an interesting spot too on this. Hopefully things work out for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JHouse View Post
    lol
    I thought that too when I first saw it (camera phones right)....if that was me I would've had my camera with me and whipped that out lol. BUt then again, that's just me.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    I've stayed out of the debate for the most part. I don't feel like I'm in position to even have an opinion on this. I haven't put in the years to get a black belt. I don't own a school.

I appreciate everyone's opinion on the matter. From what I've read it's really a matter of personal preference on how each guy would handle it. Cyborg is a pretty religious guy so he's more geared toward being merciful. Others take it almost like a personal insult. I don't see either one as wrong because each person has the right to feel how they feel.
    Cyborg also yelled out in a match just wait for 20 seconds left and shoot the double to get your points... A nice guy but I don't agree with everything that he does and says.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    Cyborg also yelled out in a match just wait for 20 seconds left and shoot the double to get your points... A nice guy but I don't agree with everything that he does and says.
    Exactly. To each his own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast