Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    my ring finger has been sore for weeks due to a spaz cranking on it while rolling. Obviously he just grabbed the single finger and not three or more (I think the 3 or more rule is pretty fair). But as far as "finger control" goes, I like to grab all four fingers if I can for control the same way you grab the toes on a toe hold or calf crank

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorWolf View Post
    Yea… just to clear things up I was not yet aware of this 4-finger crush control that seems popular here. I will definitely consider using it once I have a better mastery of the basics. I already enjoy cupping/crushing the toes with Toe Holds and such.

I was specifically talking about guys who grab just a finger or two and yank in a fit of blind savagery. In my case yesterday we were in an open guard position both times. (I have been working a lot on disengaging and quick standing passes lately) My opponents were grabbing at my hands in order to pull me into some sort of spider guard position while I was dancing around. Its now apparent to me that they might have been going for this 4-finger control, but they couldn't secure it and instead just latched on to my index finger and tried to yank me down into guard. (this is why my first thought was to blame the Gi lol)

As far as white belts are concerned I am about as intimidating as they come. I tend to bring out the demon in blue and purple belts. They know I can tap them and they fight for their life to pretend I can't. I say bring it on because I'm feeling ready for serious competition. Like I said earlier, I am just going to focus that much harder on getting underhooks/overhooks quickly.
    Yeah that's something you have the right to be mad about. One finger grabbing is no bueno
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Harris View Post
    You aren't grabbing single fingers and twisting though are you?

If someone is grabbing single fingers on me and twisting/bending I will ask them to grab at least 3 at a time or don't do it at all. I haven't had a problem with anyone hurting me after asking. It's the training room not a tournament, no need to injure your training partners.
    No never less than 3. If someone is grabbing individual digits, it is definitely intentional. They may not realize that it's illegal/dangerous; but it isn't an accident.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10 Planet San Francisco
    I think people should learn to deal with it. Anything less than 3-4 fingers is pretty bad manners though. I am fine with people grabbing my fingers but I am not going to keep it playful and I will be going 100%

Array

School
    SBG Rochdale (FCPC)
    I'm not too bothered. People use it alot to break gi grips. As long as they're not trying to snap them off, I dont get too offended.

Array

School
    10th planet San Francisco
    2 or more fingers I'm ok with
    On a similar note ,which big red showed me is controlling the toes while passing open guard
    Basically gripping /cupping/smashing lol the toes (all together) is super effective and hurts. Rather than grabbing the ankles

Quote Originally Posted by ben jones View Post
    2 or more fingers I'm ok with
    On a similar note ,which big red showed me is controlling the toes while passing open guard
    Basically gripping /cupping/smashing lol the toes (all together) is super effective and hurts. Rather than grabbing the ankles
    Hell yea… this works to pass a Z guard also

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Ever since Brandon showed me this I've used it. It's way better than wrist control and it creates reactions (usually a nice snatch of the hand. I never bend fingers and I ask people that are bending mine to stop. I work for a living, I need my fingers nice and not broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    You a bad mutha fucka Chris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123