Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym

Darragh oConaills boys are hard to xguard/whats your go to defence?

The guys at East Coast Jiu Jitsu (Ribiero JJ) are showing up to the local competitions with an army of killers. I've been working a lot of xguard and heard from my cousin who trains up there that this guy Richie had been working his xguard too so I think I wanted to challenge it a bit with the leglock approach to X. Dude got through it like it was nothing every time. Good awareness of the position and I like the knee slice/back stepping route he took a few times. I fucked up at the end looking for the truck when he had a good grip on my arm and was dragging it to the mat but I'll learn from this. Also, MTS came up a day too late, that shit could have saved my ass, hahaha. Richie B is a beast.

This comp was IBJJF rules for subs, sub only with EBI overtime rules BUT only 1 round of overtime. Fastest escape or Sub wins but we were the only people who did 2 overtime rounds for some reason. Think the ref was confused.

pt. 1 (davids phone messed up when he tried to record after my nose bleed which happens from his backstep at 0:39)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qk1x6sgzje...chie1.mov?dl=0

pt. 2
    https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=keithvsrichie2.mov

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    EBI OT rules are simple, it's shocking how confused people are
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym
    When they follow all the EBI rules completely, it'll be awesome. This half assed stuff is better than points but fuck half assed stuff. Lemme reap that shit

Array

School
    10th planet San Francisco
    Not much help but Darragh used to train with us at SF when he was a blue
    He is a fucking killer no doubt. I can say for sure his darce one of the best out there
    I'm sure his students are the same

Array

School
    Elements BJJ Brighton
    I didn't see many instances in those vids where you establish an x guard.

For example 23 seconds in on the first vid, your right foot is on the back of his leg, and your left is inside. It looks to me like your chasing a sweep from a loose half guard position.

He's back stepping etc out of everything as you haven't got tight enough control. You could have brought your right foot inside his thigh while keeping your knee outside.

Similar right at the beginning when you try the arm drag. At 10 seconds there's an opportunity for a butterfly hook with your left foot. That would then allow you to extend your right leg fully where you can then look to establish an x guard.

Does that make ANY sense at all?

Array

School
    10th planet Ronin Ireland/ Pedro Bessa ballincollig
    seen some of those guys at the dublin open a few months back. they know their shit alright.

Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyBaresi View Post
    I didn't see many instances in those vids where you establish an x guard.

For example 23 seconds in on the first vid, your right foot is on the back of his leg, and your left is inside. It looks to me like your chasing a sweep from a loose half guard position.

He's back stepping etc out of everything as you haven't got tight enough control. You could have brought your right foot inside his thigh while keeping your knee outside.

Similar right at the beginning when you try the arm drag. At 10 seconds there's an opportunity for a butterfly hook with your left foot. That would then allow you to extend your right leg fully where you can then look to establish an x guard.

Does that make ANY sense at all?
    Yeah I get you, I gotta work my entries and keep drilling. I've watched the match probably a hundred times already, lot's to work on with a lot of fundamentals to go over.