School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    He is tiny for 145. Period.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    He is tiny for 145. Period.
    Indeed... but he regularly fights guys that are 170lb at weigh-in.

I'm so confused!

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    He took 4th in 2013 ADCC losing to Mendes and Rader. Was he upset about that performance as well? I think the competition is much stronger this year; perhaps he's worried about a bad showing and how that might impact his endorsements? Seems unlikely.

Scared of top level competition in no-gi? He gets X dollars per roll with Shoyoroll tattooed on his butt, is he worried about diminishing his earning potential by losing in high-profile events?

That doesn't make sense though. Not attending the most prestigious grappling event cannot be better than losing in it.

Or maybe his knee is a little jacked up but he figures he's ok in IBJJF where no one goes after it?

His style and his size suggest he should stick to IBJJF tournaments and make the most of that?

It's a mystery...
    Last edited by Craig Murray; 08-23-2015 at 04:54 AM.

He shouldn't be disappointed with his performance in EBI when it comes to ADCC, he would have won all those matches easily in ADCC rules

The 2 guys who have the advantage over him with Rafa out are Cobrinha and Radar and he already was all over Radar

He had a great shot for a medal this year

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    The only thing that makes any sense is that he is hurt. Perhaps he is just tweaked and he doesn't want anyone turning on his knees for a while. IBJJF doesn't really offer him anything to worry about in that case.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

He had his ankle all taped up, actually Brandon in the match with Samir yesterday he was in a nasty toe hold, Joao didn't tap of course

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidrob View Post
    There you go again, lol, Joe Soto isn't apparently elite, you don't become automatically elite because you didn't get subbed by Joao or Geo for that matter, you have to compete and do well in major competitions

You can't take a show like this and make all these wild decisions on the eliteness of people

Dont nobody care about escape time wins

Some of you guys post with such an agenda it's tough to take your opinions seriously
    Get over yourself guy. You act like you don't have a bias. Why should I take your opinion seriously?

Follow the logic. If some guy from a triple A basketball league plays against Lebron and can hang with him, I think it's safe to say that the guy belongs in the NBA. Not that he's better than Lebron, but he's proven that he can hang with the best. He's NBA level. He's elite level. I don't get why that's hard for you to get. Lebron is more elite and accomplished, but if a guy can hang with him, he's elite level.

Ibjjf is not the only place where elite players play. It's like when people thought that strike force fighters couldn't hang wth UFC fighters. Or that the WEC guys couldn't hang. We see how that's turned out.

He had his ankle all taped up, actually Brandon in the match with Samir yesterday he was in a nasty toe hold, Joao didn't tap of course
    Lol, stop, you have guys competing all the time for years and you want to throw a dude who competing in 1 EBI?

Maybe take my opinion seriously because I don't post like a fanboy and came from Shamrock submission, 10th Planet and Gi BJJ, follow IBJJF, ADCC, Copa Podio, Sub Only, etc...and don't need to justify what style I train by commenting on results of other grapplers

My quoting skills are lacking

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I met a dude yesterday who had the nastiest ankles I've ever seen. It was disgusting. I don't think there's any way I could make him tap with a toe hold without breaking his foot completely off. I gotta think that's Miyao.

Sean Applegate broke down some of the finer points of Cummings heel hook game yesterday and how guys like that are able to stay alive in other people's leg attacks, but not Cummings'. It was really eye opening. Sean is on to some deep knowledge that I haven't encountered from anyone else.
    Last edited by Brandon Mccaghren; 08-23-2015 at 11:19 AM.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast