Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg27 View Post
    I've been training in a gi for 5 years, I was doing some no gi for 3 years during that time, went full no gi 2 years ago and trained at a high level in Taekwon-Do for 7 years. My nearest 10th planet school is London which is about 300 miles away.

My advice would be to have a good training partner and be prepared to give up your life. When everyone is out doing things that people do we are training. I sold my car to buy mats so I can train more often. Even if it's not a full 2.5 hours. I have a couple mats at my home so if my training partner brings the kids round to play with mine we can go over some techniques.

Don't find excuses to not do something, find excuses to do it. And if things don't go your way first time, don't let that be a set back, let it be a learning curve. If I don't hit my goals by next year, hey ho! Shit happens. I'll be pissed but life can get in the way.

Also do what you're doing on here and talking to likeminded people. Don't lose sight. Always happy to chat.
    Get to 10th Planet London. 300 miles is closer than myself and allot of others were to a 10th Planet gym, that's still drivable. Look at your options of maybe getting a 10th Planet Hotbox first. Discuss that with the London Moon Head (I believe that is Jamie). If you haven't set foot in a 10th Planet gym when your "just" 300 miles from one, then you are not that close to affiliation. I'm not trying to be mean, but you have to really want it to run a 10th Planet gym.

Search the forum for the criteria.... Never mind, I did it for you, but please check this out. This should be your first step.

READ THIS NOW: http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...ghlight=hotbox

Array

School
    10th Planet London
    That metamoris was what made me forget MMA and focus exclusively on the grappling side!

Array

School
    Bodmin (UK)
    It was brilliant wasn't it?! Not to kiss eddie's ass because this is his forum etc but it was fucking awesome! I think my jaw was on the floor for the whole thing! And how on earth didn't royler tap?!?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12