Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Bodmin (UK)

Hello Moon heads!

Hi all, just to say hello to the 10th Planet community! My training partner and I are ditching the Gi for the 10th Planet system. Our main goal is to open a 10th Planet school over here in the UK. One step at a time mind. Also hoping to be an active member of the Nibiru forum.

Take it easy all. Keep up the good work.

Morgan

Array

School
    Oak Cliff Jiu-Jitsu
    NICE! Welcome!

What made you want to ditch the Gi?

Array

School
    Bodmin (UK)
    Not because of a dislike for it. I loved the gi. And I was fairly good in one. My training partner also liked gi but preferred no gi. I was terrible without a gi as I relied heavily on the gi for submission defence. Then I saw Eddie at Metamoris and I changed my outlook. Being a lighter fighter I'm always on the bottom and watching Eddie do what he did made me drop the gi the next day.

Array

School
    Oak Cliff Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg27 View Post
    Not because of a dislike for it. I loved the gi. And I was fairly good in one. My training partner also liked gi but preferred no gi. I was terrible without a gi as I relied heavily on the gi for submission defence. Then I saw Eddie at Metamoris and I changed my outlook. Being a lighter fighter I'm always on the bottom and watching Eddie do what he did made me drop the gi the next day.
    Same here! Metamoris change my world! I used the lock down to the electric chair on everyone I rolled with after that. It was insanely effective. I was hooked.

Array

School
    Bodmin (UK)
    I love it and I really want to teach it. My training partner and I are on it! Hopefully will be near opening a school next year.

Array

School
    Oak Cliff Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg27 View Post
    I love it and I really want to teach it. My training partner and I are on it! Hopefully will be near opening a school next year.
    We'd love to have you! Looking forward to y'alls future with the family.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Moon Heads are instructors. Welcome.

Array

School
    Bodmin (UK)
    Thanks guys!

Hey, just interested how long have you been training in the gi? Do you have anywhere locally that teaches 10th Planet for you to learn from? I am interested in how you intend to be in a position to teach/open a school next year?

I have been drilling 10th Planet concepts/techs for about 12 months now with a couple of guys at the team I train with and have struggled to get to my local 10th Planet school which is 60 miles away (London).

Just trying to pinch your ideas so I can develop faster :-) Good luck and enjoy.

Array

School
    Bodmin (UK)
    I've been training in a gi for 5 years, I was doing some no gi for 3 years during that time, went full no gi 2 years ago and trained at a high level in Taekwon-Do for 7 years. My nearest 10th planet school is London which is about 300 miles away.

My advice would be to have a good training partner and be prepared to give up your life. When everyone is out doing things that people do we are training. I sold my car to buy mats so I can train more often. Even if it's not a full 2.5 hours. I have a couple mats at my home so if my training partner brings the kids round to play with mine we can go over some techniques.

Don't find excuses to not do something, find excuses to do it. And if things don't go your way first time, don't let that be a set back, let it be a learning curve. If I don't hit my goals by next year, hey ho! Shit happens. I'll be pissed but life can get in the way.

Also do what you're doing on here and talking to likeminded people. Don't lose sight. Always happy to chat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast