Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Gordon's American martial arts

securing the dog fight.

So I'm finally got my whip up to a useable level but now I'm having the issue of every time I go for dog fight my partner will disengage. Any and all tips i can get on securing this transition are greatly appreciated.

Array

School
    Progressive Fighting Systems of Virginia
    I find when I get up to the dog fight position maintaining good waist control with the whizzered arm and dropping my but low on my opponents near side heel keeps them in place well when I get to the position. During the transition make sure your whizzered arm is tightly secured around the waist.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Perfect double underhooks, and perfect dogfight (stapling their leg with your free leg).
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Rebellion Academy of Martial Arts
    Head and Hip position are critical too. Start putting some weight into them as soon as you get there, lean on them.

You say they are disengaging. What is their process for disengagement and what direction are they escaping, forward like a sprint or pulling directly to the side?

Array

School
    Gordon's American martial arts
    The escape is like a push to three side or a Sprint, I think I just need to control the waste better

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by John Haddle View Post
    The escape is like a push to three side or a Sprint, I think I just need to control the waste better
    Perfect double underhooks, and perfect dogfight (stapling their leg with your free leg).
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John Haddle View Post
    LOL. Pretty much this. If you don't know what it means, just ask for clarification. But this is the answer to your problem.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Request to disengage denied. Repeat.. Denied.

Array

School
    Rebellion Academy of Martial Arts
    Chris, I imagine his problem is getting up to his knees while maintaining the 'bear hug' (perfect double under hooks) around their waste.

He's likely letting go and posting with his outside arm in order to get up.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Pull his weight onto and base on your head and shoulder. No weight on hips. Fancy feet. All while maintaining perfect double unders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast