Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ / Salt Lake Grappling Club

Galvao vs. Cyborg

Galvao absolutely embarrassed Cyborg. He took Cyborg down maybe 4-5 times with very sloppy snatch singles. On the third one, he passed and took Cyborg's back, staying there for like 15 minutes, re-establishing position and thwarting all of Cyborg's escapes. Galvao's passing, back taking, and back control are fabulous. He passes just like Marcelo Garcia, with knee slices and hip control while constantly switching direction. From the back, he prefers just a single hook (the bottom) and he uses his top thigh to control his opponent's top hip.

My guess is that Cyborg was injured or sick. His takedown D is normally much better and has stood up to greater wrestlers than Galvao (e.g., Orlando Sanchez & Jerrod Dopp). Nevertheless, his stock falls dramatically with this loss.

Mojoplata

Galvao is a damn beast

Array

School
    Rebellion Academy of Martial Arts
    He just didn't look like he was into it today...

Keenan too all weekend

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne & Perth Hotbox
    There must be something in the water at Atos!

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    People with cardio for days and crazy pressure like Galvao can tend to make their opponents look like they just don't want to be there. It's tough to deal with the kind of pressure Galvao brings.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    I don't think his stock "falls" but it was definitely concerning. I agree that he looked sick or injured. After the match was over he kind of gestured at his hip and looked disappointed. I'm sure we'll hear more about it this week

He says he had a heart issue.

"I want to thank the love and support of all. I prepared myself to fight like I never prepared myself before. I believe that everything happens for a reason. Unfortunately I have a heart problem that happens from time to time called tachycardia and unfortunately happened before the fight. I had tachycardia warming Up for the fight and i could not recover in time. IM not taking at all the merits of Andre as he is a great athlete and fought hard. But unfortunately I could not fight this time. I am saddened by the feeling of helplessness of not having what to do, and I have not been able to represent myself. Im sorry for today!
    I'll keep working hard and I'll be back! Thanks to All"

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I knew something was wrong. He was tired and not moving well immediately.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Tachycardia is no joke. I've passed out before because of mine, always was scared it would happen while I was driving or something.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I have damaged my heart from years of smoking cigarettes. Now every once in a while I suffer from Vertricular Fibrillation, which I am guessing is very close to tachycardia, becasue my heart goes out of rhythm and just started spasming. It was extremely scary the first couple times it happened, and I made my life-changes because of it.

When that shit happens to me, I stop rolling, get my cell phone, dial 911, poise my figer over the "call" button on my cel, and pay close attention to my heart. Sometimes it takes up to 4 or 6 minutes to slow down and click back into the usual electrical rhythm. I simply cannot imagine even CONSIDERING walking over and rolling with someone even casually, until I get my heart back into rhythm. It is such a scary feeling, thinking that your heart is malfunctioning.

I am thankful it happened because it gave me the will to immediately quit smoking cigarettes, and the spite to make the concrete decision that I will never smoke another cigarette again.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast